PDA

View Full Version : Need some pliers

BarryBobPosthole
07-15-2014, 11:56 AM
I've always bought the Rapala long nose fishing pliers. Somebody put the five fingered discount on my last set so I replaced them and the 'new' Rapala pliers are a piece of crap. They've rusted and won't open or close easily in just a year, plus they use the flat wire springs and that just don't work. So much for the cheap shit at Walmart section.

Anybody have a set of fishing pliers they just really like? I'm in the market. And it needs to have a cutting edge to cut braided line.

TYIA.

BKB

Niner
07-18-2014, 03:34 AM
Would these be worth looking at? Not sure if these "survival pliers" are what yer looking for at all, or not.....

http://www.lurenet.com/bill-dance-multi-purpose-tool

BarryBobPosthole
07-18-2014, 07:02 AM
Naw, I just want some regular old needle nose with a cutter on them and won't rust. The stainless ones I've seen run up to $70 and I ain't paying that for pliers.

BKB

Niner
07-31-2014, 09:53 AM
Did you ever find some pliers BBP?
I saw some the other day that were made out of (it looked like) fiberglass or somekindof polymer, with metal jaw parts attached. I'll try to find a URL if you are still looking, and that sounds like something that would work.

BarryBobPosthole
08-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Ended up getting these from a company called Boone. I think I paid $13 for them at BPS. I like the design as my big fat hand won't be in my vision when I'm trying to get a hook undone that is swallered all the way to their ahole.

We'll see.
BKB

Egghead
08-01-2014, 11:06 PM
I like 'em. Let us know how they do.