PDA

View Full Version : So what do you do on a perfect summer night

jb
07-18-2014, 09:24 AM
sitting next to a beautiful inland lake with firefly's dancing on the shoreline.
You sit back and enjoy an outdoor concert featuring Alison Krauss, and Willie Nelson.
The weather and setting were perfect, Alison is a little to Bluegrass for me and Willie really does not sing and pounds his guitar to much.
I think he plays his guitar more than he should, it's to loud and he seems to wonder a little, and he's really starting to look OLD.
but, it still was a great evening for sitting outdoors for 4 hours.

Penguin
07-18-2014, 10:11 AM
I've been to many an Alison Krauss concert. She is one of my favorites. Never saw Willie but hope I can make that happen one of these days. Sounds like fun jb. A man has to get out and enjoy summer while he can. A couple months from now and we'll be into the fall.

When I first read the title of this post I thought to myself "I wonder if he is talking about running a trot line or doing some coon/bear chasing?"

Shows you what a country boy I am I suppose but those were the two big night time pursuits for me when I lived in the mountains. :)

Will

Buckrub
07-18-2014, 10:27 AM
After meeting Kay, I had other ideas.............but hey, I'd go see Willie too!!! :bounce

quercus alba
07-18-2014, 12:26 PM
I can see Willie but Allison Krauss? Put on some Jethro Tull and ZZ Top

Captain
07-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Jerry that sounds like a PERFECT concert to me. I LOVE me some Alison Krauss and Willie always puts on a good show!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner