Captain
07-22-2014, 07:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10a7Xz0DzIQ&sns=em

:D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Big Muddy
07-22-2014, 08:17 PM
Really nice song....I like ole Randy.

Nice-looking gal, too....and, a REALLY nice-looking sunflower field....heck, Cap, we need to hit up ole Randy for a dove hunt at that place !!! ;)

jb
07-22-2014, 09:05 PM
An old favorite from my youth by a favorite singer

Captain
07-22-2014, 09:12 PM
I was wondering if anyone would recognize the original artist... Marty Robbins.
Randy is going to release a new album next month and he released this as the first single today. It will be on his Influence #2 album.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Bwana
07-24-2014, 09:14 AM
Going to have to disagree with you about the 'flower field eddie, those things aren't even going to make 500 lb/ac let alone a ton.

Thumper
07-24-2014, 09:37 AM
I was wondering if anyone would recognize the original artist... Marty Robbins.

I remember it well! I was like 9 years old at the time and spent almost every night and weekend with my dad as he worked on racecars. We kept the (circle track) car in a garage owned by a guy named Pat Bass and ALL he listened to was country music. The radio in the shop was tuned to the local country music station 24/7 and when Marty Robbins came out with that song, I think they played it about every 15 minutes! It actually brings back fond memories of time spent with my dad as he did what he loved to do.

BarryBobPosthole
07-24-2014, 09:53 AM
" Down in the west Texas town of El Paso.....I fell in love with a Mexican whore...." or something along those lines. I like me some MArty robbins music.

BKB

quercus alba
07-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Looks like Randy Travis singing days are about over. He had a massive stroke and has to use a cane to get around but still cannot talk. Too much self abuse, a shame, he had some great music

Big Muddy
07-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Going to have to disagree with you about the 'flower field eddie, those things aren't even going to make 500 lb/ac let alone a ton.

Yep, but I bet you could still kill a limit of birds over them....well, at least somebody besides me, who can actually hit the little bastages. ;)

Thumper
07-24-2014, 12:57 PM
Yep Q/A ... just in case you are unaware, Cappy and Randy are very close, personal friends and basically grew up together. Cappy has been in close contact with him through these health scares and many times Randy was much worse off than was actually reported. I hope he is able to recover fully, but seriously doubt he'll ever be back to 100%.