07-22-2014, 09:09 PM
:(

Captain
07-22-2014, 09:13 PM
Have someone else pee on your hand. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Captain
07-22-2014, 09:32 PM
I don't have a clue, call your local pharmacy. I'm sure they got something that can help.

Thumper
07-22-2014, 10:08 PM
Weren't you ever a Boy Scout? Take adhesive tape ... heck, Duct Tape if nothing else .... and cover the area with it, then pull it off. Those little hairs get stuck in your skin and irritate the heck out'ta you. The tape will remove the hairs. ;)

You need a base for the sting ... mix some baking soda with water and cover the area with the paste. If you don't have any soda, use vinegar or hydrogen peroxide. It'll take a while, but it should help with the stinging. Ya' may want to try aloe also if ya' have any.

That crap can be irritating as all get out.

Thumper
07-22-2014, 11:20 PM
Ha ha ha ha! Jeeez, I forgot you're blond!! Ya' put the duct tape on, then pull it off. The hairs will stick to the tape and will pull out when you pull the tape off! Once you pull the tape off ... keep it to tape your tin-foil hat together. :D

Seriously .. the tape is only to pull out the hairs. Those nettles have very fine "hairs" and those are what sticks in your skin and irritates it. Like pulling out a tiny thorn or splinter. Then you need something that is basic (I'm talking chemistry here ... as in non-acidic) to help with the pain ... like the baking soda or vinegar, etc.

EDIT: I forgot you're blond ... DO NOT DRINK the baking soda/water mixture or vinegar ... apply it to the affected area! ;)

Big Muddy
07-22-2014, 11:26 PM
Do you have Dollar General stores up there???....they're the only store that I've found that sells this product.

Aloe Vera gel with LIDOCAINE(pain killer)....best pain/sting/itch-relieving stuff I ever used.

Thumper
07-22-2014, 11:30 PM
Yep, I mentioned aloe ... we always have a few aloe plants growing around the house. You can just cut off a piece and spread the "juice" on the area IF you don't have the commercial product around. Again, use the tape to try removing the hairs ... then apply the aloe (or whatever).

Big Muddy
07-22-2014, 11:55 PM
Aloe, by itself, will prolly help some, but the Lidocaine is what really does the trick.
Almost instant relief.
Wifey says she has seen it at Walgreens's and CVS, too.

BaseballCoach (Rev A)
07-23-2014, 07:35 AM
Cool water. The only time I ever got in nettles was when I was fishing. Wading in cool water always took the sting away.

Thumper
07-23-2014, 07:54 AM
Sunshine quote;

Thumb, I'm not that blonde.

Are you saying the carpet doesn't match the drapes? :D

Captain
07-23-2014, 10:22 AM
I'm not saying!!!! :p

That would be a NO! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
07-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Now that's funny right there.

I guess we don't have nettles here. What they look like? I mean we have prickly pears and such, is that what you mean?

BKB

Big Muddy
07-23-2014, 11:10 AM
Did you mean prickly pears or a "pair of pricks"??? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
07-23-2014, 11:33 AM
I don't know if it'll work for nettles but it sure as hell works for fiberglass insulation. Gotta be almost the same principle. Wash the affected are with soap and as hot a water as you can stand. Don't scald yourself but use hot water. The idea is to get your pores to open up and flush those bad boys out of your skin, so you need to expose your skin to that hot water for a couple of minutes at the very least. Once you've washed and rinsed it good with hot water, rinse it for a few minutes with cold water. That'll close the pores up again and seems to get the last of it out of your skin.

I used to work around fiberglass insulation quite a bit and this will do about as good as anything to get rid of it.

Thumper
07-23-2014, 11:33 AM
Thump, ya always go to the dark side!!!! Lol
I'm not saying!!!! :p

Ummmm, well .... would that "dark side" be up top or "down there"? :D

BaseballCoach (Rev A)
07-23-2014, 12:21 PM
I'm gonna disagree with Barry on this one. I sell and have used a lot of electrical grades fiberglass materials and you never use hot water. Hot water opens your pores and allows the fibers to get deeper, always use cold. Tape will work some too. We also used fine sandpaper. It doesn't pull out the fibers but it will knock off the ends and lessens the irritation.

BaseballCoach (Rev A)
07-23-2014, 12:22 PM
Oh, youse guys are old. Women these days don't keep any carpet on the floor. ;)

Thumper
07-23-2014, 12:28 PM
If you went back to my wedding post, where I posted a picture of me ( which I have changed) you can make your own guess! Lol

I saw the pic ... what does THAT prove? :D

BarryBobPosthole
07-23-2014, 12:33 PM
I'm gonna disagree with Barry on this one. I sell and have used a lot of electrical grades fiberglass materials and you never use hot water. Hot water opens your pores and allows the fibers to get deeper, always use cold. Tape will work some too. We also used fine sandpaper. It doesn't pull out the fibers but it will knock off the ends and lessens the irritation.

Always worked for me! Maybe I got big pores. You know what they say about the size of a man's pores.....
BKB

Thumper
07-23-2014, 12:42 PM
You got sumpin' against sex? ;)