PDA

View Full Version : Awwww CRAP!! (No pun intended)

Thumper
07-23-2014, 04:06 PM
Just got a call from my VA doc ... seems I'm scheduled for my colonoscopy next month. :(

Heck, the procedure is a piece of cake ... it's the prep that sucks big weenies. :crybaby

Big Muddy
07-23-2014, 04:54 PM
I'm due for one too, Thump....reckon we could get a two-azzhole deal??? ;)

Big Muddy
07-23-2014, 05:31 PM
Pretty sure I've told ya'll this story about my wife's first colonoscopy....she is shy....no, she is beyond shy.

After the procedure, she woke up, and asked how it went....I told her that after they put her under the anesthesia, the doctor came out, and told me that the local medical center wanted to send 15 medical students over, to observe her procedure for the learning experience, but I had to give him permission.

She said, "You DID NOT do it, did you???!!!"....I said, "Sure, you were asleep, anyway."

I was joking, of course, but I milked that joke with everyone at the clinic. ;)

Thumper
07-23-2014, 05:39 PM
Ha ha! Now that really would be two assholes in one room! (or would that technically be four?) :huh

No lie, the first time I went in for one of these, the doc had me on the table showing me how the procedure would go. Then the nurse helped me off the table and walked me next door to the waiting room where three other guys were awaiting their procedures. After a while, one of the guys asked the nurse when they'd get around to getting us in for our procedures and she looked at us kind of funny, then said, "This is the RECOVERY room!" We'd already had the procedure and were just there for observation to make sure there were no complications and to let the anesthesia wear off a bit. Not ONE of us had a clue we'd already had it done! Evidently, that was some good-ass dope they fed us! ;)

Big Muddy
07-23-2014, 05:48 PM
Yep, that's some good drugs, rat there....when I had mine done, I remember being absolutely starved, afterwards, because you couldn't eat anything 12 hours prior to the procedure.

There was an Arbys, directly across the interstate from the clinic....I told my wife to pull in at the first fast food stop, and I didn't care what kinda food it was....I don't even like Arbys, but I ate just about two of everything on their menu. ;)

Thumper
07-23-2014, 05:55 PM
Well, it was the same with me. I was at the VA in Tampa and one of our favorite Thai restaurants was just around the corner. When we left the hospital, I couldn't FORCE Lynn to drive any faster. I was STARVING! Once we got inside the restaurant, I ordered half of what was on the whole menu .... then the nausea set in and I thought I was gonna toss my cookies everytime I so much as LOOKED at food. I couldn't eat a bite of it. :(

LJ3
07-23-2014, 10:16 PM
I'm due for one too, Thump....reckon we could get a two-azzhole deal??? ;)

You guys are ALREADY a two azzhole deal :)

Thumper
07-24-2014, 06:46 AM
You're on my list Ticboy. :booty

DeputyDog
07-24-2014, 08:51 AM
Jim, just don't let them forget about you and lock you in overnight. ;)

Thumper
07-24-2014, 09:08 AM
Ha ha! I read about that.

A few years back, I took Lynn to the emergency room around 10:00 - 11:00 at night. We thought she was bleeding internally ... had no idea why. They took her to the back and asked me to wait in the waiting room. After a few hours with no word, I asked about her and was told to relax, they'd let me know as soon as they heard something. The process was repeated a few times during the night and I started to get pretty frustrated. In the meantime, the sun came up, I called and cancelled all my scheduled work for the day and finally the shift change arrived for work. I went back to the desk and inquired again about Lynn. The nurse started looking and couldn't find any info on her. I then got really concerned (AND pissed off), then walked right behind the desk, looked the lady straight in the eye and said, "You and I are going to go find her right now!"

We walked through the Emergency Room checking each room as we went. Finally we opened a door to an exam room and found Lynn on a gurney, sound asleep! We asked what was going on and she said they put her in the room, told her a doctor would be right with her and she finally fell asleep while waiting. She'd been lying there all night and they had no record of her ever being admitted! Luckily it turned out to be nothing but a bladder infection ... BUT, she could have bled to death right there in the ER if it'd been something serious! This was at a highly rated hospital here ... the fifth largest hospital in the State of Florida!