PDA

View Full Version : Sad news

Trav
07-24-2014, 09:30 AM
My uncle Eddie passed away yesterday. He took me on my first deer hunt when I was either 13 or 14 and it is because of him I love to hunt and fish. I will always be thankful for that. He was only 56 years old, the crazy part is how he died. He was stung by a bee went into shock and his throat swelled shut, while he was unconscious the lack of oxygen caused him to have a heart attack. He has been on life support for 3 days but brain dead so the pulled the plug last night. I don't think he even knew he was allergic to bee's.

It's been a really rough year from my mom she lost her mom (Oct) my sister (Dec) and now her brother, so keep her in your prayers if you don't mind.

LJ3
07-24-2014, 09:33 AM
Damn Trav, sorry to hear that. Thoughts are with you and your family.

Len

Niner
07-24-2014, 09:47 AM
So sorry to hear about that Trav. Sad news for sure. He was a good man for planting that hunting/fishing seed in you.

Thumper
07-24-2014, 09:49 AM
Crap! Sorry to hear that Trav. Those allergies can be scary. The same exact thing happened to Lynn. We left on a vacation and she'd just been to the doctor that same afternoon who gave her a Rx for an antibiotic. We were between LA and San Francisco (in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night) and all of a sudden her throat closed up and she couldn't breathe! This was in the days before cell phones and I didn't know whether to pull over and try to help ... or drive 120 mph to the next town/hospital ER! It scared the bejeebers out'ta both of us. Luckily, we made it through the crisis and she then found out she was allergic to sulfa drugs. She's listed that as an allergy on her medical records ever since, but never knew it until that night.

Man that sucks to hear about your uncle.

BarryBobPosthole
07-24-2014, 09:50 AM
I'll keep her (and you) in my thoughts Travis. That is awfully young to have that happen and right out of the blue too. Man, life is a fragile thing it seems.

BKB

Buckrub
07-24-2014, 10:06 AM
Wow, man. Very tough news. Just awful. When I think I'm having it bad, someone else is worse. Life is hard sometimes.... Hug your Mom for all of us.

Bwana
07-24-2014, 10:08 AM
So sorry to hear the news Trav, thoughts and prayers for you and all other involved.

Sunshine
07-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Sorry to here this.
Been a bad year, at this house too.
My husband happen to say he's had to wear his dress black shoes too many times this year.

When Carolyn died suddenly ( where our rv is at) I couldn't believe how fast it was.

Condolences to you and your family.

Big Muddy
07-24-2014, 12:59 PM
Sympathies extended from MS, Trav....hug 'em all, and keep 'em close.

Captain
07-24-2014, 01:45 PM
Saw that on Facebook, so sorry to hear it. Will be thinking of your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Trav
07-24-2014, 03:25 PM
thanks guys I appreciate it.

FooBang
07-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Trav,
I'm terribly sorry to hear that, Trav. That's awful news.