PDA

View Full Version : I don't normally do this....

Big Muddy
07-25-2014, 08:39 AM
Ya'll know I'm a dog lover, but I don't normally express my opinions about how some people treat their pets, but this is asinine cruelty....whoever owned this puppy should be tarred and feathered....puppy was kept in a cage, and not properly cared for, at all....you can't even tell this is a puppy....looks like a wad of debris....animal shelter folks stepped in, and breathed life back into this girl.

Thumper
07-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Many, MANY years ago (1985 ... 1986 maybe) we were over at Lynn's mom's house for a Sunday dinner. I walked in the back yard and noticed a dead dog in her mom's hedge and told her about it. We went out and she didn't recognize it from the neighborhood and had no idea how it got there. It was TOTALLY covered with ants and they were really doing a job on the carcass. I went into the garage and came back out with a shovel to bury the dog, but when I went to scoop it up, I thought I saw it move. I bent down for a closer look (it had so many ants covering it, it was hard to even tell what color it was). Damn! The little thing was still alive! Barely ....

I took a large pan of warm water into the yard, quickly scooped him up, laid him in the pan and the ants started floating off of him. It was summer, so I figured screw the warm water and put the garden hose in the pan and turned it on to continuously flush the ants away. I held the dog's head above water level because he didn't even have the strength to lift his head, but he kept lapping the water with his tongue as he was dehydrated. I finally got 95% of the ants off and we took him into the house for a warm, soapy bath. He was so filthy, we had to change the bath water a half dozen times. Anyway, we took him home and started nursing him back to health. Our next door neighbor came over, took one look at him and said they HAD to have him! The wife went back to their house, brought back a picture and I swore it was the same exact dog! They said it was a dog they had many years ago and he was such an integral part of the family, they were totally heartbroken when he finally died of old age. They promised themselves they'd never have another dog because the loss upset them so much.

They took the dog, named him Tiny and I swear you've never in your life seen a dog treated as well as that little guy was treated. Plus, he was like the PERFECT pet ... well behaved, very affectionate, never a problem ... basically perfect in every way and they were TOTALLY in love with the little guy. They'd had him for 4 years when we moved to Florida and eventually lost contact. All I know is, that dog was treated like royalty the rest of his life! One LUCKY little critter.

Bwana
07-25-2014, 09:13 AM
Can't believe someone could treat a critter that poorly.

If you don't want it give it away or put it down but that is simply uncalled for.