Mitchell 300Xe + 2 spare spools........in box....$41 new, Price $20.00

Casting:

Daiwa Millionaire, 2 ball bearings, Price $20.00

Bass Pro Shops 1000H, Price $40.00

Cabela's Tournament ZX, Retail $50.00, price $25.00

Shakespeare 1976, Price $15.00

Underspin:

Daiwa Underspin, Price $10.00

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk131/Buck7088/Various%20Pics/c_zpse67f94e6.jpeg (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/Buck7088/media/Various%20Pics/c_zpse67f94e6.jpeg.html)

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk131/Buck7088/Various%20Pics/b_zps4644347d.jpeg (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/Buck7088/media/Various%20Pics/b_zps4644347d.jpeg.html)

Big Skyz
08-02-2014, 03:30 PM
If you'll take $30.00 for the two spinning reels I'll take them. If not, then I'll just take the Mitchell for $20.00. Text me your address and what you'd like to do, and I will send you the money on Monday. Thanks Troy

Buckrub
08-02-2014, 04:09 PM
For you, I'll take $30.00........but not sure what it'll cost to ship. I'd have to add that...........

Big Skyz
08-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Just lemme know on the shipping? Consider it a done deal. :)

Buckrub
08-02-2014, 05:02 PM
OK. Now I wish I hadn't thrown away all those little boxes!

Buckrub
08-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Oh.....I can't do this till I get back Friday. Or Saturday. Text me your address and I'll TRY and find a place to ship from in Hot Springs while I'm camping next week, though.

Captain
08-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Post Offices everywhere, free boxes there. If it fit it ships for one flat rate.... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
08-02-2014, 05:11 PM
HAHAHA.....

I ordered some stuff weeks ago. One backordered item was a drill bit adapter to raise/lower my scissor jacks easier than manual. Small item. It was backordered when I got the rest of the stuff.

FedEx JUST delivered it. In a box that will work perfectly!!

Cappy, I try not to use the USPS if I can help it. I actually want stuff to be delivered! :thumbsup

BarryBobPosthole
08-02-2014, 05:15 PM

BKB

Arty
08-02-2014, 05:22 PM
HAHAHA.....

I ordered some stuff weeks ago. One backordered item was a drill bit adapter to raise/lower my scissor jacks easier than manual. Small item. It was backordered when I got the rest of the stuff.

FedEx JUST delivered it. In a box that will work perfectly!!

Cappy, I try not to use the USPS if I can help it. I actually want stuff to be delivered! :thumbsup

It's a damn good thing thumper is out on some back road to Pensacola or he'd have already chimed in on this.

Buckrub
08-02-2014, 05:31 PM
?????

Captain
08-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Yep Thumper would be on that like white on rice...

Bucky, USPS flat rate box, insure it for 100 bucks (cheap) pray it is lost. Collect the 100 bucks insurance, send Big Sky 50 and you keep 50. You both win....

Buckrub
08-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Dang. A real schemer.

Got me thinking......

Captain
08-02-2014, 05:41 PM
It's hard to shit a man that carries a turd in both pockets.... :D
That would be me! Mr. SD

Big Skyz
08-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Flat rate is generally $8.00 it's a bout the best thing going and I've never had a problem with it. Thumper is probably the only guy on here that ships more than me. (All my art and skulls go out via USPS) I've never had anything lost...knock on wood. The only damage I ever had is when I had to ship some mule deer skulls UPS. They busted them up pretty good. :(
Also there isn't any great rush. Just get the reels to me when it is easy for you.

Captain
08-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Yep USPS flat rate is a great way to send smalls. I've never had a problems either.
I think I sent you (Big Sky) a bunch of odd and end turtle/snapper shells once UPS and if I remember correctly you said one or more of them were cracked?
They are rough on packages.

Big Skyz
08-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Captain, actually the only shell that wasn't damaged was the painted turtle. Thank goodness as I highly prize that prehistoric sized mega-shell.

Thumper
08-02-2014, 07:28 PM
I've shipped elebenty-bazillion packages via USPS ... ONE package got lost somewhere in the UK via a contract carrier.

Two things ... register with USPS and print your shipping label on-line. Use the LIGHTEST box you can as ounces cost money. DO NOT use Priority Mail Flat Rate unless you're too lazy to find a box or it's over 3 lbs.

Some examples (I'm figuring on shipping from Florida to California): http://postcalc.usps.com/

Medium Priority Mail Flat Rate shipped at the Post Office: $12.35
Priority Mail label printed on-line: 1 lb/$6.51 -------- 2 lb/$9.97
If you're over 3 lbs. .. go with the Medium Flat Rate Priority Mail (box is free at P.O.) ... if label printed on-line, $11.30 (vs. the mentioned above $12.35 at the P.O.)

Priority Mail printed on-line is automatically insured for $50 plus you get free Tracking.

You're welcome.

P.S. FYI ... rates are even lower if shipped through eBay when you sell something through them (but I've learned how to cheat and get their rates on non-eBay shipping also ;) ) and the included insurance is kicked up from $50 to $100 ... still free tracking included. :D

Buckrub
08-02-2014, 08:28 PM
USPS tracking! hahahahahaha. Every time I track a USPS package, I get the notification that it arrived about 2 days AFTER it arrives. Before that? Nothing.

You like 'em? Fine, I'm tickled for you. Seriously. But they don't have tracking.

That's my OPINION. Feel free to run it down for weeks on end. But I ain't changing it, cause it has sucked weenies for me repeatedly.

Thumper
08-02-2014, 10:51 PM
I just checked my records (on-line) for the past year and have shipped 984 packages ... all but one via USPS ... ONE of those packages was lost in England (NOT by USPS). To add credibility and confidence to the on-line trust from buyers, Ebay grades me on a number of factors including my shipping record (shipping times/rates/tracking). On-line buyers get antsy if they have no clue what is happening with an item they've already paid for ... so tracking is an important factor. I'm currently (and always have been) a "Top Rated Seller" with eBay and my feedback is visible to anyone on the site ... shipping is my highest rating. Note: we have the option of ANY shipping method (USPS, FEDEX, UPS, DHL, whatever) ... of those 984 packages, 983 were shipped USPS and one (a glass Corvette roof panel) was shipped through a freight company.

Here's an example of ONE day of shipping for me. (I promise shipping within 24 hours and get gigged if I don't meet that promise)

I decided to check the tracking info on a package I shipped a few days ago and see it was delivered yesterday. This was all visible to myself and my buyer at all times. I printed the shipping label at midnight and shipped it that afternoon. It seems pretty detailed to me and the info was readily available on-line through the whole process.

Delivered
Aug-01-14, 13:03 PM, VALLEY, AL 36854

Out for Delivery
Aug-01-14, 08:50 AM, VALLEY, AL 36854

Sorting Complete
Aug-01-14, 08:40 AM, VALLEY, AL 36854

Arrival at Unit
Aug-01-14, 08:36 AM, VALLEY, AL 36854

Depart USPS Sort Facility
Aug-01-14, 02:01 AM, MONTGOMERY, AL 36119

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
Aug-01-14, 00:21 AM, MONTGOMERY, AL 36119

Departed USPS Facility
Jul-31-14, 03:23 AM, TAMPA, FL 33605

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
Jul-30-14, 23:49 PM, TAMPA, FL 33605

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility
Jul-30-14, 22:34 PM, LAKELAND, FL 33809

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS
Jul-30-14, 00:00 AM

Bottom line, I have no personal interest/investment in USPS and have nothing to gain by giving them any props for no reason. I'm sure many here have some horror stories, but I was just trying to help by offering my personal experience and maybe save BIG SKY a couple of bucks since HE'S paying the shipping. Sorry .... should'a known better than to interfere.

Chicken Dinner
08-03-2014, 08:01 AM
Not doubting your record, Jim. However, my experience with USPS tracking vs. FedEx is exactly the same as Bucky's.

quercus alba
08-03-2014, 08:59 AM
I've had good success with the UPS tracking for the most part.

Thumper
08-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Oh I have no doubt there are snags because I've seen them also. I've had packages picked up, tracking will show it clearing the Post Office and the trail ends there. Next thing I know, I get a thank you message from the buyer and it's been delivered. I'm talking percentages here and I've had excellent results considering. Heck, I've even shipped EVERY long gun I've sold here on this site through the USPS and never had a problem. I have a buddy in Malaysia right now who's an engineer and travels the world with his job. He only stays in a country for a couple weeks to a few months at a time. I just shipped him a new iPhone, a new iPad and a new laptop ... all top of the line (max. GIGs) with as much storage as available. (the stuff in Malaysia is sky high) He needed it asap as he's leaving for the UK this week. I shipped UPS (his request) on Thursday (week ago last Thursday) and paid extra for UPS to get it there by Tuesday. ($300 shipping) UPS called me on Friday and said they forgot to have a customs form filled out that was required because the package was worth over $3500 US. I asked if they could take the info over the phone and they said no, it had to contain my SSN and signature. I went back down Friday (1 1/2 days wasted) afternoon to fill out the form. I asked about the extra $$$ I paid for expedited delivery and was told "It will still be expedited" and the option is slower shipping! HUH? THEY are the one's who forgot the form, not me! As of the end of last week, he has not received the package. To make matters worse, after I shipped the package, he contacted me and wanted an additional iPhone (this one with GSM). He wanted an iPhone Gold with 128 GIG's. The ONLY Gold's I could find in town were 64's (they had Chrome and Gray 128's, no Gold) and none were expected in because they're waiting for the iPhone 5. LUCKILY I didn't find one and ship it because, at that time, the first package was still in transport.

I know this stuff is like ANY business ... foul-ups happen. I don't really know if one is better than the other TBH. All I know is I ship a LOT of volume (for a non-commercial private shipper) and USPS has shown a pretty darn good record "for me". This whole thing is kind of silly actually, I was simply trying to point out some cost-saving shipping options for Bucky (actually, the savings would be for Big Sky ... Bucky's "cost" is the same regardless and he suffers no loss on sale price). I don't care if he uses Pony Express personally ... just relaying my experience based on volume ... not a once-in-a-while experience. I have no dog in this hunt ... was just trying to help.

Second thought ... I REALLY hope The Buckster DOESN'T use USPS now because I'm SURE the package would get crushed and/or lost and then I'd look like a flipping idiot and it would be MY fault! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2014, 10:09 AM
I have no issues with USPS delivery or tracking. Admittedly, I'm only a casual user of those kind of services but I can't remember ever losing a single package or getting one damaged. And usually when I'm tracking shipments I'm on the recieving end of the deal most of the time. No real issue there either.

Since when did relating one's own experiences with something as stupid as postage turn into disrespecting somebody's opinion? Somebody needs to turn their sensitivity knobs down a skosh.

BKB

Buckrub
08-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Jim, listen........I'm GLAD for you. That's not sarcastic. But trying to apply that to me is .....invalid. That's not my experience. You can give fifty TIMES that many examples. Means nothing.

When I buy something online, and I do a lot...........if it's small, the seller invariably sends it USPS. I don't blame them, postal rates being postal rates! But they also always issue a tracking number. Fedex and UPS' tracking numbers work. You can tell where the package is every step of the way. You can know from the first day, WHEN it will arrive, and they're always right. You know every step that package takes.

I had two Father's day cards that my kids sent via US Mail this year that never got here. I have no idea where they are.

With USPS you don't know anything. Nada. Nothing. WAY over 50% of the time, the USPS tracking number won't show up on the USPS site. It says "No record of that number" or whatever that message is. Sometimes, about 2 days AFTER it arrives, that number will show "Package has arrived".

USPS sticks it in my mailbox. Understandable. But it's out on the street. I get it. But UPS lays it on my covered porch. So does Fed Ex.

If USPS is cheaper, and I was shipping the volume you do, I'D USE THEM TOO!! I would. But my experience is mostly with stuff I've bought, not sold.........and when I try to track the shipping to me, there's a world of difference.

I just don't like USPS' service, and I do like UPS and FedEx. If your experience is better, that's awesome. Really! But clearly, I'm not alone. Someone else has my same opinion! And backed me up! Woo hoo! That doesn't mean anything, except to show that I'm not dreaming the issue. If I was the onliest one in America with a problem with them, I'd still have the problem, wouldn't I?

And sensitivity knobs? Give me a break! I posted something here and two folks jumped on it and said "BOY YOU'RE GONNA GET IT". I didn't even know what they meant! Now I see. I stepped on one of Kribb's pets, I guess. Or yours. Or y'all's. Or something. But it was my opinion. It's like my opinion of Mitchell reels. Or my opinion of most anything. It ain't like anyone else giving their opinion. If you think it is, you ain't paying the attention that you claim to be so good at.

Is any of that important?? NO! Not got anything to do with sensitivity knobs. Just has to do with observation.

Man.........now I know why I tried to slow down posting much meaningful info..........geez.

Thumper
08-03-2014, 10:38 AM
All I did at the start was to post a way to save money on your shipping. UPS and FedEx are generally high priced unless you're shipping bulky packages. You're simply shipping a couple of reels and I tried to show you how you could ship cheaply, SAVE on shipping by handling it all on-line and never even have to leave the house. All I got back was USPS sucks big weenies. Ok .... I give. UNCLE! I really don't care if you send it by private courier.

Captain
08-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Phase 3.....

Buckrub
08-03-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm really sorry I don't share your high opinion. I'd love it if I had the same good experiences. I just haven't. I appreciate the attempt to help, honest.

Thumper
08-03-2014, 10:59 AM
You don't have to worry about it ... take the money and let the P.O. "F" Big Sky! ;)

Buckrub
08-03-2014, 11:02 AM
OK look. I have the package sealed. I'll take it to the Post Office and mail it. How's that?

Man.

Thumper
08-03-2014, 11:05 AM
NO!!!! I don't want the blame if something goes wrong ... and I'm SURE it will. Besides ... the whole point of my post was to AVOID the P.O. and save some money on shipping ... INCLUDING your gas money to the P.O. and back! I guess you didn't bother reading my post. :banghead

Buckrub
08-03-2014, 11:08 AM
I surrender.

Thumper
08-03-2014, 11:20 AM
You can't surrender! I surrendered first! ;)

Have fun with whatever you do, but remember the P.O. is closed today. ;)

I don't even know why I'm here. Lynn and I are on vacation and she's standing here giving me the stink-eye. I'm out'ta here! We're at the beach and I'm sitting in a dang hotel room playing on the internet. Duh! Got things to do and see. Later!

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Mods! Move this to the Postal Forum please!

Puhleeeeeeze!

BKB

Thumper
08-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Sheesh ... where else but Good Hunting could simple shipping advice turn into a frigging war? ;)

Niner
08-05-2014, 06:19 AM
I might be interested in one or both of the "old school" baitcasters...

Can you tell me which is which?

Mystery Reel #1

Mystery Reel #2

Also, can you post some more pics of these animals?

NO RUSH!!!!

Thumper
08-05-2014, 07:08 AM
And how would you like those shipped, sir? :D

Seriously, I'm not positive, but I think The Buckster said he'll be camping this week. Not sure if he has i-net access or not.

Captain
08-05-2014, 07:55 AM
He does not have iNet access. He text me and asked me to post something on another thread. Said that signal was so weak that texting was even if-y.... It will be Friday at the earliest and more than likely Saturday or Sunday before he's back to posting...

Niner
08-05-2014, 09:27 AM
That's fine....I just wanted to get that out there whilst I was thinking about it.
Looks like they MIGHT be good reels for striper (or perhaps stripper) fishing.
:biggrin

BUT THERE IS NO HURRY!!!

Thumper
08-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Well, just remember one thing, if you decide to go after strippers, don't forget your wadders! ;)

johnboy
08-05-2014, 10:50 AM
I buy lots of stuff online and actually prefer having it shipped USPS to Canada. Usually way cheaper than ups or FedEx and they don't sting me with some ridiculous broker fees. I like USPS.

BarryBobPosthole
08-05-2014, 11:04 AM
Niner, make sure to get yerself a handle if you get that black ABU Garcia! Be kinda tough to reel in a stripper without a big handle!

BKB

Captain
08-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Niner, make sure to get yerself a handle if you get that black ABU Garcia! Be kinda tough to reel in a stripper without a big handle! BKB

LOL. Niner's TOUGH!!!!!