PDA

View Full Version : So....

Captain
08-04-2014, 10:50 AM
What we gonna fight about this week?
Maybe we can smoke Gunther out by starting a thread that Remington make the bestious rifle in the world... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Chicken Dinner
08-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Is it too early to start arguing about football?

BarryBobPosthole
08-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Boomer!

BKB

quercus alba
08-04-2014, 12:19 PM
WooopigSoooie

Captain
08-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Go heels!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Niner
08-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Go DAWGS!!!
Kickoff Aug 30 @ 5:30pm on ESPN

Should be "interesting" as we'll have a new QB this year. Good ol' Aaron is working for the NFL now.

Big Muddy
08-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Since ya'll mentioned football....nearly every decent-sized football stadium has 2 or 3 jumbo-tron tv's around the football field....for the non-rich folks, sitting in the nose-bleed seats, the jumbo-trons are the only way they can even see the game.

My question is why the h3ll do those people waist their hard-earned money even going to a game, and sit in the rain and snow, when they can sit at home by the fire in their recliner, and watch the game....h3ll, they can even hit the re-play button, and see the ref's screw ups.

(And, please don't say team support, loyalty, camaraderie, or stuff like that....you can just as easily do all that from your couch with a bunch of rowdy friends at your house.) ;)

Chicken Dinner
08-04-2014, 02:27 PM
I'm with you Eddie. I gave up my season tickets to the Redskins a few years back and took some of the money and put it toward a big HDTV. No regrets. I still go to a game very year. But, it's mostly so me and my buddies can party (like we used to) without our wives around to disapprove.

BTW, I'm predicting another down year for the SEC.

jb
08-04-2014, 02:35 PM
Never been to an NFL game and only two college games in my life, but the two I've gone to were in the "Big House" sitting with 100,000++ other fans. Seats weren't to bad, but it was just the excitement of being on a College Campus on a fall afternoon that made it special.
Doubt I'll ever see another college game or my first NFL game in my lifetime.

BarryBobPosthole
08-04-2014, 02:43 PM
We had season tickets for Oklahoma football games for I guess about five years or so. We enjoyed the tailgating and all of the excitement of being in a packed out stadium, watching the band perform a half, and all of that. The scenery was also 'tres magnifique' ifyaknowwhatImeanandIthinkyoudo. In the end we got tired of the two hour drive each way and it got way too expensive, so when my wife decided to retire from Verizon our season tickets were one of the things we decided we could do without on a slimmer income.

Its also nice to have my weekends free.

BKB

Hombre
08-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Quercus - A good friend of mine was recently named the Razorbacks Director of recruiting. I'll definitely follow them over the next few years to see what impact he has.

Thumper
08-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Dang! I got all excited for a minute there ... as soon as I saw the word "argue"! Then it turned into a f'ing FOOTBALL thread. Not even worth the effort ... I'd just be wasting my arguing skills. :(