PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure how Jared did it ....

Thumper
08-06-2014, 10:21 PM
.... I could NOT live off of Subway sammiches!

Our best friends here in town have 10 (presently building #11) Subway sandwich shops in town. Lynn and I are their "secret shoppers" and visit each store once a month. We get a foot-long, a cookie and a drink at each store. While there, we go through a checklist, grade the store, take pictures of the sammiches, then turn it all over to our friends. They pay us $15/store plus we get the free meals out of the deal. Prob. is, we end up giving half the sammiches away 'cause it gets to the point ya' don't even wanna look at 'em any more!

BUT ... it's still a sweet deal I guess. We went to three of them this afternoon after Lynn got off work and it only took us 1 1/2 hours. Oh well, we got a free dinner plus a ton of left-overs and still get paid $30/hour for the effort. I guess there are much worse "jobs" out there! ;)

Niner
08-07-2014, 08:15 AM
I'm a big fan of their meatball sammich. It must be bad for ya, because it tastes so good.

The other one I get is the Subway Melt.

I never get very many of their toppings though. The black olives is about all I ever get on one of their sammies. I see lots of folks piling on all manner of stuff on them, and wonder HOW they can taste the sammich!

In the last couple of years though, when I get a hankering for a sub sammich, I find me a Jimmy John's sammich place.

Thumper
08-07-2014, 08:34 AM
I think my favorite is the Italian BMT. Lynn loves olives, I can't stand 'em. 'Course she also loves bell peppers and I can't stand 'em.

When we do the secret shopping thing, we order them with "everything", then bring 'em home and dissect 'em ... take a pic with the sammich and each ingredient laid out ... then we rebuild 'em the way we like 'em. With all the left-over "stuff" ... we can just about make a salad! ;)

They also give us 15-20 of his business cards with his personal stamp on the back for Christmas every year. It gets us a free sammich, so we have Subways comin' out our ears! We do like to stop and pick one up when we pull one of our "all-day-at-the-movies" stunts (with free movie passes) ... we hide 'em in Lynn's bag and have a free lunch between movies.

When you're poor ... you find ways to get by without sacrificing too much. :D

Hombre
08-07-2014, 10:07 AM
Now I'm hungry for subway

BarryBobPosthole
08-07-2014, 10:11 AM
I like their fake crabmeat sammies.

BKB

Hombre
08-07-2014, 10:55 AM
^^ My favorite too ^^ but I rarely see them in stores anymore.

DeputyDog
08-07-2014, 11:12 AM
I think I'm going to Subway for lunch. ;)

I usually get the Italian BMT when I go, but right now they are running their summer special and have an applewood smoked pulled pork that is pretty good and so is the bbq bacon and steak.

BarryBobPosthole
08-07-2014, 11:17 AM
I'm a BMT fan too. haven't tried their new sammies yet.

Speaking of, I saw a 'boycott Subway' deal on Facebook the other day because some subway stores in muslim areas of the UK stopped using pork products in their sandwiches.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
08-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Sweet Jesus, but folks need to get a life. I'm pretty sure that at least some of their lunch meats are made from turkey anyway.

BarryBobPosthole
08-07-2014, 11:46 AM
Yes, and Subway offer kosher and non-kosher stores in Israel as well. I'm sure that's different though.

BKB

Thumper
08-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I've been wondering about the BBQ, but haven't tried one yet. I'm pretty picky about my BBQ, so I'm sure it'll be a bit of a disappointment, but heck, it's just a frigging sub ... at least the price is right! ;)

Thumper
08-07-2014, 12:18 PM
Had a BMT for supper last night .... guess what I'm getting ready to have for lunch?

DeputyDog
08-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Sounds like good business on their part. Probably not going to do much business in that area with a lot of pork products on their menu.

BaseballCoach (Rev A)
08-07-2014, 12:36 PM
BMT, double meat, about a pound of spinach leaves, and ranch. Now I'm hungry too.

Big Muddy
08-07-2014, 01:18 PM
Their flat bread is the cats azz....their scrambled egg and black forest ham on flat bread is a heck of a good breakfast.

(and, btw, I think Jared might be munching on more than just the "meat balls"....ifyouknowwhatimeanandithinkyoudo.) ;)

Trav
08-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Their flat bread is the cats azz....their scrambled egg and black forest ham on flat bread is a heck of a good breakfast.

(and, btw, I think Jared might be munching on more than just the "meat balls"....ifyouknowwhatimeanandithinkyoudo.) ;)

So you are saying he's at your house in Mississippi right now?

BarryBobPosthole
08-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Thanks Trav. Now I have Micky D's iced coffee all over my monitor.

BKB

Big Muddy
08-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Hahaha.....dang, didn't realize I left myself so exposed....good 'un, Trav!!! ;)

Buckrub
08-08-2014, 03:02 PM
So....who is "Doctor's Associates"????

Thumper
08-08-2014, 03:37 PM
That went right over my head Buckster. Ya' lost me somewhere. :confused:

Buckrub
08-08-2014, 04:06 PM
That's who owns Subway. Who are they?

Thumper
08-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Who are whom? Doctor's Associates? No clue. I think I'm lost here. ???

Buckrub
08-08-2014, 04:16 PM
The owner of Subway Sandwich Shops is "Doctors Associates". I have always thought that an odd name for a fast food chain. I wonder who they are and why that name??

Thumper
08-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Oh, I'm not sure, but I think you're talking about the company that owns the Subway name ... Corporate Headquarters or whatever. Our friend owns 11 franchises here in town.

Edit: You were posting while I was answering. Yeah, I don't really know anything about the corporate structure. They've been our closest friends for 25 years and we spend almost every Sunday at their house. Or sometimes at their house in Tallahassee. They're huge Florida State fans (alumni) and built a house in Tallahassee just so they'd have a place to stay for the home games. (must be nice, huh?)