PDA

View Full Version : Israeli message.....

Big Muddy
08-07-2014, 01:23 PM
I got this in an email, so I'm sure it's at least 17% true. ;)

I really like the last sentence.

"""Israeli citizens send Obama a banner message."""

BarryBobPosthole
08-07-2014, 01:36 PM
I wasn't aware he'd interfered! What has he done this time?
BKB

Big Muddy
08-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Pretty sure that's just their polite way of saying """f&*k off, we don't like you, either, so shut the f&*k up.""" ;)

Thumper
08-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Israel doesn't like us? Hmmmm ...

Honestly, if you try to totally understand US/Israeli relations, you'd go completely bonkers and die a confused man. Back in the day (and I'm sure currently) we shared intelligence with Israel that no other NATO country was privy to. But, as we scratched their backs, they scratched ours. Israel has been referred to as our biggest aircraft carrier (forgot who said that) and for the most part, that's pretty fitting. We used to get TONS (I speak in past tense because I'm a "has been" spook, but it's on-going) of intelligence from Israel covering all of the Middle East. Think about it, where do the Arabs get their weaponry? Whatever Israel captures gives ... us an insight into what the Russians are up to with their weapons development. We'd be dead in the water regarding Middle East intelligence gathering if it weren't for the Israelis. Plus, we give them military satellite access that we grant no other country. It goes on and on ... a VERY complicated web, but 100% necessary for U.S. security.

The odd part ... Israel also spies on the U.S. and the U.S. spies on Israel. It's like a spy vs. spy cartoon. We give more foreign aid to Israel than any other country on earth ... but the requirement is, they spend most of that aid purchasing U.S. products ... mostly military of course. For all practical purposes, foreign aid to Israel is really nothing more than government subsidies to U.S. industry (again, mostly military) ... it just goes full circle and is not "officially" termed "subsidies" ... but in reality, that's what it is.

I've worked with some Israeli soldiers as well as Israeli Intelligence ... they're smart MF'ers and those Israeli soldiers are TOUGH SOB's ... I wouldn't want to mess with 'em!

That said, relations have been strained many times through the years at one time or another ... in most any administration, BUT ... I'm not sure it's EVER been as strained as under O'bummer's administration ... especially his first term.