PDA

View Full Version : SEMPER FI?????

Niner
08-07-2014, 06:45 PM
Who here is a former Marine?
I gots a question for you.

Thumper
08-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Hunter000 ... but he's too good to talk to us losers these days. Heck, maybe he's like Booger and reads but never posts. You could give him a shout and see if he responds. If it's something pressing, he's on his Facebook page every day.

LW
08-07-2014, 07:58 PM
Just fyi, don't call them "former Marines".

Arty
08-07-2014, 08:09 PM
Saw a bumper sticker today that said:
"Not as lean
Not as mean
But STILL A MARINE
Retired USMC"

LJ3
08-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Keep in mind if you're gonna ask a Marine a question you have to speak very slowly and use small words.

jb
08-07-2014, 08:31 PM
Go ahead and ask,

Thumper
08-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Just fyi, don't call them "former Marines".

Yep, "Once a Jarhead, Always a Jarhead"! (Or sumpin' like that)

Captain
08-07-2014, 08:39 PM
What does U S M C stand for?
Uncle
Sams
Misguided
Children

Q. What has 82 legs and an I.Q. of 42 ?
A. 40 Marines, plus their LT.

Q: What is the primary mission of the Marines.
A. To ensure the Army doesn't get their feet wet.

Q. How do you knock out a Marine while he is drinking water?
A. Slam the toilet lid on his head.

Q. How do you keep a Marine happy in his old age?
A. Tell him a joke when he's young.

MARINE
Mussels Are Required, Intelligence Not Essential

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

jb
08-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Unlimited Shit Mass Confusion

Sunshine
08-07-2014, 09:13 PM
I don't understand why you all are giving the United States marine corp so much crap?
I had good experiences with them and Special Forces while living in Panama.
Very nice guys and always respectful.
I actually taught a few guys from a squad of military guys, swimming lessons, that didn't know how to swim. :)

LJ3
08-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Sunny, If you were in any branch of the military, it is part of the legacy to give every other military service as much shit as you can. Niner is a squid, BBP is a wingnut, Jimmy and I are superior :P

Sunshine
08-07-2014, 09:18 PM
I was a civilian working for the military pools, a couple summers, as a swim instructor and also a life guard.

DeputyDog
08-07-2014, 09:39 PM
What do Marines and bananas have in common? They start out green and die in bunches on the beach.

Niner
08-07-2014, 09:54 PM
PM sent to JB.

LJ3
08-07-2014, 10:34 PM
What do Marines and bananas have in common? They start out green and die in bunches on the beach.

Honestly... I tried not to laugh but that was FUNNY!

Niner
08-09-2014, 08:38 AM
True story. There was a Marine that was an instructor in the electronics school that the Navy sent me to at the beginning of my enlistment. He worked in the performance lab, where we'd have to go and troubleshoot stuff at different points in our training. He was in a little bit of trouble with the powers that be because he had.....ummmmm..... "rearranged" the U.S.M.C. letters on the iron on stencil that they had to put on their cammies. He'd changed them around to spell S.C.U.M. Yep...his gunny noticed it, and he got in a bit of hot water for it. I still chuckle when I think about that one.

In fact, he's the one that told me this one.....
U ncle
S am's
M arijuana
C lub

He was a short-timer, and didn't give a rat's a$$ about the bull$shit the Marine Corps dished out during "peactime".

When I was stationed on the Aircraft Carrier, I worked the "night shift" whenever we were away from port. There was a detachment of Marines there (still is on every boat that "might" have nukes on-board as far as I know). We worked from 7:00pm to 7:00am. One of the things we liked to do was to go up onto the flight deck in the mornings and watch them run around the perimeter of it. Usually with a doughnut we'd smuggled off of the mess deck.