PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of rich dumb people......

Big Muddy
08-09-2014, 09:05 AM
I got a city-boy uncle-in-law who is, let's just say, has more money than sense....he and his wife bought a brand new diesel F350 with a huge truck bed camper....they headed out to Canada on vacation, a few weeks ago.

They stopped to fill up with diesel, and he "accidentally" filled the tank with gasoline....he said the diesel pumps in Canada might be any color....not all green, like here in the U.S.

2 weeks and $15,000 bucks later, they are now back on the road....truck caught on fire, burned thru the firewall, burned up both turbo boosters and manifold pipes....cab had to be removed to get to all the burned stuff behind the firewall.

(P.S. BTW, he is from Meeker, Oklahoma. ;) )

Niner
08-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Uffda!!!!!

johnboy
08-09-2014, 10:10 AM
They're green or yellow but always clearly marked as diesel. Gasoline pump handles are red. Pretty dumb fee sure since it sounds like he actually fired it up. Ouch!

Happened to a friend of mine. She pulled her diesel Jeep up to the diesel/gas pump and told the attendant to fill er up. He did - with gasoline. Luckily he realized what he did and told her when she came back. Called a tow truck and had it transported to the dealer who dropped the tank and dumped the gas. Cost a bunch but the gas station picked up the cost and fired the pump jockey.

Buckrub
08-09-2014, 11:23 AM
I seriously (at times) stand there at the pump and triple check myself before pumping.....

Thumper
08-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Man-o-man, I couldn't tell you how many times we saw that at the Cadillac dealerships back in the late 70's/early 80's. A TON of people learned the hard way to double/triple check what they were putting in the tank. It's an EXPENSIVE mistake, yet so easy to do if you're not paying attention.