PDA

View Full Version : Wow

Sunshine
08-10-2014, 07:42 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FoSGzLii0KM

Thumper
08-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Ha ha ha! Sunny, you're hubby helps BUILD those things. Ask him how much weight is on the nose wheels of a 727 !

The first clue it was a hoax (make that, advertisement) is the dude stating he was driving his "4X Nissan Frontier with Off-Road Package". ;)

Number two, the truck started from the side of the runway as the plane was coming in, accelerated to catch the plane and actually pass it to get in front (my uneducated guess at a landing speed would be 150-200 mph?). The pilot can't see his nose gear and there's nobody in the truck to guide the driver ... etc. etc. Welcome to Photoshop. ;)

Arty
08-10-2014, 08:49 PM
It's gotta be true.
The video interviewed eye witnesses!

Niner
08-10-2014, 09:11 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.......ROFLAO!
Check the bottom right hand corner of the screen at the beginning of the video.

Sometimes the best way to watch something is with the sound turned off.

Good advert "stunt" for Nissan though.

Thumper
08-10-2014, 09:19 PM
Ha ha! "Fictionalization"??? I guess that's a word. I love the "do not try this" warning. Like we're gonna figure a way past Homeland Security and sit on the side of the runway waiting for a plane to attempt a landing with a collapsed nose gear, then race out to save it with our Toyotas? Is that "warning" REALLY necessary? What's this country coming to?

Arty
08-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Again....
Eye
Witnesses!
Plus it's on the internet.

So it's true.

DUH!

Buckrub
08-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Bon Jour, Dude.

Thumper
08-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Again....
Eye
Witnesses!
Plus it's on the internet.

So it's true.

DUH!

It's only true if Sunny or Eddie receives it in an email. ;)

Thumper
08-10-2014, 11:45 PM
But you ARE blond! And you did say, "IF this is true ...." ??!! :poke

Niner
08-11-2014, 06:56 AM
Well.....ya learn something every day, as they say.....

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/british/fictionalize

https://www.google.com/#q=fictionalization

Thumper
08-11-2014, 08:00 AM
fic·tion·al·ize verb \ˈfik-shnə-ˌlīz, -shə-nə-ˌlīz\
: to change (a true story) into fiction by changing or adding details

I've heard of similar cases, usually with a light plane ... but certainly not a jumbo jet airliner. On a different note, but kinda-sorta similar, we used to run U-2 spy planes out of our base in Thailand and we'd use 350cid Chevy Chevelles to chase 'em down when they'd land. (they've used everything from Ford Mustangs, Corvettes, Z-28 Camaros to Pontiac G-8's recently) There was always a fellow U-2 pilot in the chase car to talk the active pilot down as they could not see the tarmac from the cockpit ... plus they have a real handful just keeping the plane's attitude correct. There's so much lift in the wings, the pilot would actually have to "stall" the plane to land (from about 2 feet off the tarmac). When those planes take off, they have a couple of small wing struts with wheels on the end. These would fall off as the plane lifts off the runway, so when it landed, all that was there was a bicycle type landing gear and when the plane stopped, it would just lay over onto one wing-tip (I think the tips were titanium if I remember correctly). The guys in the chase car would get out, balance the plane and slip a couple struts under the wings to get it back to the hangar.

Here's a rough video: (I think they'd land at about 100 mph if I remember correctly)

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ih57FiOeZXU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Captain
08-11-2014, 08:44 AM
fic·tion·al·ize verb \ˈfik-shnə-ˌlīz, -shə-nə-ˌlīz\
: to change (a true story) into fiction by changing or adding details

That would apply to 99.8% of your stories... ;) :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
08-11-2014, 09:17 AM
And YOU can fictionalize THIS! ;)