PDA

View Full Version : People have become almost too stupid to eat

quercus alba
08-11-2014, 06:57 AM
(CNN) -- Former White House press secretary James Brady's death this week was directly related to wounds he sustained in the 1981 attempted assassination of President Ronald Reagan, and authorities are now investigating it as a homicide, police told CNN on Friday. He was 73 tears old

I really don't know what to say.

Thumper
08-11-2014, 08:05 AM
I heard that and thought the same thing. I wonder how much $$$ will be spent on the "investigation"?

LW
08-11-2014, 08:34 AM
Money wise, I would say put Iran-contra and Watergate together and figure in inflation and you should be in the ball park.

LW
08-11-2014, 08:39 AM
Hinckley will never get charged with anything. Sounds like some M.E. found a way to get his name in the news. Obama and the gun control crowd will of course jump on it.

Buckrub
08-11-2014, 09:52 AM
What "authorities"???

I thought there was no FEDERAL law against Homicide???? I thought it was always a state law. SO....did a Federal "authority" decide what a state prosecutor WILL do?

OK, I'm wrong.
18 U.S.C. § 1111 : US Code - Section 1111: Murder

Still, what these guys consider sensible never ceases to amaze me.

DeputyDog
08-11-2014, 10:55 AM
I doubt that any "investigation" will take place. The M. E. has to determine both cause and manner of death. If he put the cause of Brady's death as a direct result of the injuries he sustained it the shooting, then the manner of death would be determined as "homicide". It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the incident occurred as long as they can tie the cause of death to the original incident.

LW
08-11-2014, 03:25 PM
He was found not guilty by reason of insanity. So its a mute point except for the liberal gun control crowd who will beat the dead horse.

Chicken Dinner
08-11-2014, 04:16 PM
In theory, he was never charged or tried for "homicide". So, they could try him for it now and it wouldn't be double-jeopardy. I'm a little torn on this one. He's a local guy so maybe we get more news about it. But, evidently he's been "cured" and is now able to spend quite a bit of time unsupervised at his parents home. That just doesn't sit well with me. Of course, spending any more taxpayer money flogging this dead horse doesn't sit well with me either.

Thumper
08-11-2014, 06:29 PM
... evidently he's been "cured" and is not able to spend quite a bit of time unsupervised at his parents home...

I'm not sure you wrote what you meant to say. ;)

Chicken Dinner
08-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Fixed.

HideHunter
08-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Some long lost relation of mine.. Brady not Hinckley..