PDA

View Full Version : Robin Williams dead at 63

Big Skyz
08-11-2014, 07:23 PM
To be really honest I don't get too worked up over any celebrities death, and I won't cry myself to sleep over this one, but I really did find him to be very funny. I am mostly sad for the family he left behind and the future laughs that will never happen. Hope he finds peace.

LW
08-11-2014, 07:56 PM
What a way to go. I have told all my coworkers that if I ever do myself in any way but carbon monoxide then they should assume my wife killed me. It damn sure wouldnt be by hanging.

Sunshine
08-11-2014, 08:08 PM
He happens to he one of my favorite actors. Like you said, there were so many more laughs we will never receive from him. Its hard to understand how someone that can bring so much laughter to everyone could be so depressed to take his life. Just a real sad situation for him and his family. :(

One of his dvd's named RV just cracks me up.
We take it on trips with our rv.
There's soooo many more.

I like comedy movies, so I've seen the majority of his movies.
So sad.

Captain
08-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Man that is totally wrong.... So sorry to hear this! I remember the first time I ever saw him on Happy Days. He was a full blown NUT... Always enjoyed his work....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sunshine
08-11-2014, 09:27 PM
He was hilarious on Mork & Mindy.

Another actor I miss is John Candy.
When I need a laugh I put in his movie:"The Great Outdoors!" Laugh my a$$ off.

LJ3
08-12-2014, 11:47 AM
I usually don't give a crap about celebrities. This one really hit me. I can't say I don't really understand, either. It's just mostly sad. The people that make us laugh the most are usually carrying a great deal of darkness.

DeputyDog
08-12-2014, 11:53 AM
It's a shame. He was a real talent. He was unbelievable at improv. He and Jonathon Winters had a lot of similarities.

johnboy
08-12-2014, 01:24 PM
As the Brits say, I was gobsmacked when I heard about this tragic waste of a special talent. Laughing on the outside but dying on the inside.

LJ3
08-12-2014, 04:18 PM
A little insight for those who think suicide is a selfish act.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2014/aug/12/robin-williams-suicide-and-depression-are-not-selfish?CMP=fb_gu

Thumper
08-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Thank you for that Lenster. As one who has had a suicide in the family (due to depression) that article may explain a lot to those on the "outside looking in". It's more of a mental illness than simply feeling "down" because your dog died.