PDA

View Full Version : Has the Keymaster crashed eBay?

Captain
08-12-2014, 08:15 AM
What's up Jimbo? You got so many good deals cooking the place went down... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Big Muddy
08-12-2014, 08:17 AM
They prolly went broke, paying out so much money to him. ;)

Captain
08-12-2014, 08:21 AM
They prolly went broke, paying out so much money to him. ;)
That's as good a guess as any....

Thumper
08-12-2014, 08:28 AM
Yep, it appears they've crashed big-time. I may as well hang a "gone fishing" sign on the door, turn out the lights and take the day off!

Note: I found a way to sneak in the back door, but I'm keeping quiet 'cause if the whole world knows, that door may slam shut also. I may not be able to make any sales, but at least I can work at getting stuff listed. If'n ya' haf's ta' get on for some reason ... sneak in through eBay Motors. http://www.ebay.com/motors

Once in ... you can go anywhere ya' wants and everything works. ;)

Thumper
08-12-2014, 08:31 AM
Just curious Cappy. How did you know it's down? Were you trying to get on, or has there been an official announcement on the news or sumpin'? I've been busy closing auctions and packaging stuff to mail, as well as getting stuff ready to list ... so I've been pretty busy since dawn.

Captain
08-12-2014, 09:05 AM
I tried to get on to search closed auction on an item to get a estimate of value.
I'm in Florida not to far from you so it may be a local thing down here for all I know.

Thumper
08-12-2014, 09:10 AM
Nope, there are sites you can check for a website's status ... looks like the UK was down all night as there are a bazillion complaints ... I'd imagine the US was down at the same time, but most of us are sleeping while the UK is up and about. About 7:00 am (US) all hell broke loose and the complaints came rushing in. No clue what's going on, but as long as I can sneak in the back door through eBay Motors .. I can at least get some work done. Prob. is, if nobody else can get on, I can't sell anything. :(

I had 12 sales over the weekend, so I'm basically re-stocking my inventory today. :)

Thumper
08-12-2014, 09:11 AM
And WTF?? You're "not far from me" and haven't said anything. Thanks buddy! ;)

Captain
08-12-2014, 09:14 AM
Just got here a couple of days ago. Meeting with a realtor and gonna sell this place. Come on over and we will go get thrown out of Saltwater Cowboys again....

Thumper
08-12-2014, 09:16 AM
Well, thanks a lot for the short notice. I'm supposed to meet up with Lynn for lunch and do a bit of clothes shopping for my little meeting with the Governor. I only wear dress clothes for weddings and funerals these days. The crappy part is, every time there's a wedding or funeral ... it seems I always have to buy clothes a size bigger than the last time. :(

BTW ... I just checked and it appears eBay is back up. Maybe I'll be able to pay the light bill today after all.

Captain
08-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Bring the Governator on with you. I'm an equal opportunity offender. We will get his ass thrown out of Saltwater Cowboys with us!

LJ3
08-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Prolly a distributed denial of service attack (DDOS) on their front end servers by some outfit like "anonymous"... They like to show iff every once in a while. Especially if you can get in thru other ways like ebaymotors.

Thumper
08-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Bring the Governator on with you. I'm an equal opportunity offender. We will get his ass thrown out of Saltwater Cowboys with us!

Ha ha! I've been thrown out of better places! I'll see if he has a clear spot on his calendar ... but I WILL warn him ... you're a bad influence and it may have a negative impact on his campaign. At least he's a Republican, so maybe that'll give us some brownie points with the management at Saltwater Cowboys. Surely a joint like this couldn't be owned by a Democrat. :D

http://augustine.com/sites/default/files/saltwater_cowboys_building_5x3.jpg

Big Muddy
08-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Now, THAT looks like a joint you could definitely get your knob polished. ;)

Captain
08-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Eddie, It is THE place to eat and socialize in St. Augustine Florida. A friend of ours started it a long time ago. He owned a construction company called Conrad Cowboys. The place now sits on his lot at the end of Dondanville rd where after work they would all gather and cook fish and party all night. He turned his old house into the restaurant and the rest is history. If you ever find yourself in St Augustine take the time to eat there.

He has passed now and I have no clue who owns it but the history and local flavor is as good as ever. We bought our lot from his brother and built this house back in the early 90's. "Fluggie" as we knew him was actually within a hundred yards and watched the flag being raised on Iwo Jima. I took my kids to visit with him before he passed and let them hear the stories of that time first hand. My only regret is I did not record his stories. The things he saw and heard. Amazing.

http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=29.815894,-81.270433&zoom=14&markers=29.815894,-81.270433&size=400x300&sensor=true