PDA

View Full Version : Off to meet with the Governor ...

Thumper
08-14-2014, 06:45 AM
... I'll tell him the gang at Good Hunting says hello. ;)

Catch youse dufes later.

Captain
08-14-2014, 08:17 AM
I was at Saltwater Cowboys last night and saw pictures on the wall where Clinton, Regan, Carter, governor Bush and others had eaten there.
So tell the Governator he needs to go there and get with the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Big Muddy
08-14-2014, 08:23 AM
Please don't hit on the guv's wife....she's a hotty. ;)

Big Muddy
08-14-2014, 08:32 AM
Oh, yeah, PLEASE post a pic of yourself, all dressed up. ;)

Captain
08-14-2014, 09:48 AM

Are you SURE you really want to see that Muddy? It will look sorta like the picture you posted above. Except with a big nose and Adam's apple..... ;)

Thumper
08-14-2014, 11:31 AM

Fat chance. I wore a suit and tie to work every day for 15 years and swore I'd never wear another suit except for weddings, funerals or job interviews. Those were all so far and few between, I had to buy a new suit every time a wedding, funeral or job interview came up! Today, I decided the heck with that, today is MY day, NOT the Governor's. I wore a nice pair of Dockers and a very subdued Hawaiian shirt. I did wear a pair of dress shoes instead of my usual tennis shoes. (My normal, everyday wear is Levis, Hawaiian shirt and white Reeboks) Heck, it really didn't matter, haven't you heard the phrase, "The man makes the clothes"? (I "think" that's the way it goes) HA! :D

It was a decent morning. Listened to the accolades, had a brief chat, received the medal, then did the ol' photo op thing. I ain't gots no pics to show here ... Lynn was gonna take pics but the Gov said, "Bring her up with you for the pics" ... so I'll have to wait as they won't be available for another "week or two". All in all, it was a pleasant meeting ... he's a Navy vet himself and he got out the year before I did.

Big Muddy
08-14-2014, 12:52 PM
So.....what was the award???

Captain
08-14-2014, 01:09 PM
Master level pUMpHEAD... ;)

Thumper
08-14-2014, 01:44 PM
Nothing special, although the recognition and kind words were appreciated. He was a 'Nam era vet and could relate to how we were treated when we came home (he experienced it himself). The "medal" was just a thing issued by the State of Florida for Florida vets ... kind of a generic thing really ... more symbolic than anything else ... but it was kinda interesting to rub elbows with the dude I voted for but never met personally ... until today. Nice guy ... for a politician. ;)

3461 3462

Big Muddy
08-14-2014, 02:05 PM
Congrats, Thump....it's always nice to be remembered for your service.

Bwana
08-14-2014, 03:25 PM
Way to go Thump, glad they recognized your years of wonderful service!

I know I appreciate all you and others who have served have done for those of us here.

THANK YOU!

Captain
08-14-2014, 03:42 PM
That's pretty cool Thumper! It's good to see a Governor and or State do this... Congrats and Thanks.

Cards01
08-14-2014, 03:59 PM
I agree that is great for the state and governor to recognize veterans service. Congrats!!

LJ3
08-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Nothing special, although the recognition and kind words were appreciated. He was a 'Nam era vet and could relate to how we were treated when we came home (he experienced it himself). The "medal" was just a thing issued by the State of Florida for Florida vets ... kind of a generic thing really ... more symbolic than anything else ... but it was kinda interesting to rub elbows with the dude I voted for but never met personally ... until today. Nice guy ... for a politician. ;)

3461 3462

Dude... Do NOT sell that on Ebay!