PDA

View Full Version : Edward! Sea Foam question

Arty
08-15-2014, 11:01 AM
To clean the carb on a 4 wheeler.
I was thinking drain all old gas, add 1/2 gallon of non ethanol. (All I run in my boats mower, etc) and then a full bottle of sea foam. Run it a few mihutes, let it sit for 30 minutes or so, run again, then top off with gas.
That too much?

Buckrub
08-15-2014, 11:21 AM
GOOD GRIEF YES.

WOW.

Put about 2 ounces.

Big Muddy
08-15-2014, 12:23 PM
With SeaFoam, all I ever do for a thorough cleaning is double the recomm. dosage on the bottle....no need in wasting that precious stuff.

Arty
08-15-2014, 12:49 PM
The can says (for small engine tune up) to induce sea foam directly into the fuel line. .... ?

Buckrub
08-15-2014, 01:18 PM
I can hear an explosion coming..........

Captain
08-15-2014, 01:25 PM
Be sure to put a little dab behind each ear.... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
08-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Not bad with coke over ice, either.

Arty
08-15-2014, 03:04 PM
I'm simply telling you what the farkin' can says!

Buckrub
08-15-2014, 03:09 PM
This from a man with craziness written on the back of his sun-protecting hat, which he wears backwards, and asks us idiots for advice.

Big Muddy
08-15-2014, 03:43 PM
The can says (for small engine tune up) to induce sea foam directly into the fuel line. .... ?

Seems like a lot of excess trouble to me....drain old gas, fill with fresh non-ethanol, double the recomm. SeaFoam dosage, run it until the motor is warm, and forget about it.

Buckrub
08-15-2014, 03:44 PM
ATV Catheters. Geez.

^^^^^^^^^^
Listen to the man. He's a Farmer.

Arty
08-15-2014, 03:47 PM
If I live to tell... I'll tell you how it went

Thumper
08-15-2014, 03:54 PM
You'll need to alter your induction procedure, but this might be something to take into account. I think Edward's method would be fine for normal maintenance, but I think you said this thing had been stored, seen very little use, and is running rough. It may be worth the extra time and effort to give the stuff time to do it's thing. (or not) ;)

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FonLaCVFMcU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Arty
08-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Finally someone makes some sense! Thanks thump!
I think my way is on short the same as what this guy did. Almost.

Captain
08-15-2014, 04:58 PM
I made sense. I said put some behind each ear....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Big Muddy
08-15-2014, 10:57 PM
I haven't heard diddly squat about it running rough....that's a horse of a different color....all I heard Arty say was showroom floor condition, just like new, 133 miles, cranked and ridden infrequently with no problems, and stored in a nice garage....then, he asked me his SeaFoam quershun.

Did I somehow miss the rough-running sheeit???....if I did, then SeaFoam prolly isn't the solution....sounds like you got a great deal, so spend a few bucks, and take it to someone(trustworthy) who knows Hondas, and will fix it right for you, and be done with it.

I can fix a LOT of sheeit by myself, but I'm like Cap, when it comes to stuff like a/c's, atv's, etc....so, call the man, and get it fixed and over with, or you'll end up dinky-donging around with it yourself, and possibly screw it up worse than it already is....heck, deer season is right around the corner....get that thang fixed and running smoothe !!! ;)

Arty
08-16-2014, 07:27 AM
Doesn't run rough. Runs great! Rode it last night and it starts/runs no problem. Thump made that part up. But he still gets props for finding a you tube link that supports what I read on the can!

Also- I put it behind each ear but I still don't understand how that would make the honda run better.... But I did it just like cappy said.

Thumper
08-16-2014, 07:39 AM
Oooops! I must have imagined that rough-running part. Maybe I just assumed that was why you were doing the Seafoam thing. Guess I should have re-read the original post. My bad! ;)

In that case, I'm with the "just ad a few ounces to your gas tank" crowd. More like a preventative maintenance thing than an attempted "repair". I see no reason to go through all that crap in the video ... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

As for Cappy's suggestion? He's been hittin' the bar at Saltwater Cowboys too often and he's got it all bassackwards. Ya' put a dab of seafoam on each of the wife's ankles ... then have her try to put THAT behind her ears! :D