PDA

View Full Version : Thumper, Im putting in an order.....

Captain
08-15-2014, 10:04 PM
Or any other of you other dufes.
I need a heavy glass ashtray about 4 inches across to fit in my Great Grandfathers pipe stand. I remember the glass ashtray and it has gone missing over the years. I assume you may come across some in those sales you attend. There are some old pieces at the Florida house I'm gonna keep and this is one of them. I remember his pipes sitting in this thing as a kid. It's a very old hand carved pipe stand with two canoes carved on either side of where the ashtray use to sit. The Canoes are hollowed out to hold the pipes. There are also a couple of sale boats carved in the center that may not show up in the picture. 3469
My grandfather used it after his dad died for a cigar ashtray. Don't need nothing fancy but if you see one keep me in mind.
Thanks, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

(That pic was driving me crazy, I had to straighten it out) Thump

Thumper
08-15-2014, 11:41 PM
Cool! I love projects! I can't quite make out how it sits in there persactly. 4"X4"? Oblong/oval. Rectangular? Square?

Captain
08-15-2014, 11:50 PM
There is about 5 inches between the two canoes. The area it sits on is basically flat. A 4 inch round ashtray would be good to go... All I remember about it was it was clear heavy glass. I'm sure it was taken out and used outside year ago when it became taboo to smoke inside and perhaps left somewhere or dropped and broken. Anyway if you see anything that would work keep me in mind.
Thanks

Thumper
08-15-2014, 11:56 PM
Here's the perfect thing on eBay ... 4" round. :biggrin

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glass-Playboy-Bunny-Logo-Ashtray-4-Inches-Round-/400747927955?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d4e701993

Captain
08-15-2014, 11:59 PM
I don't remember the Playboy bunny being a part of it. However Hef does smoke a pipe. Hummmmmm