PDA

View Full Version : Hey Cap.......

Big Muddy
08-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Happened to be visiting inlaws today, and helped them clean up some stuff.
I ran across these two ashtrays that they were gonna throw out.....they prolly arent suitable for your pipe stand, but thought I'd show them to you.

Captain
08-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Thanks Eddie. You might want to get an expert like Thumper to look at the one on the left. Looks like Pewter? Could be some value there. I really appreciate you thinking of my but I'm gonna stick to finding a clear heavy glass for the old pipe stand so the sailboats will be visible.
Thank Cuz, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Big Muddy
08-16-2014, 11:04 PM
Sorta figured these were too hokey for your nice pipe stand. Wifey is headed to a flea market tomorrow, I told her to keep her eyes peeled.

Captain
08-17-2014, 11:02 AM
They are not Hokey at all Muddy. In fact the metal one looks to be nice. However it's just not right for the old pipe rest I have. This thing was probably carved in the 1800's and I'm looking for someone old and clear glass that will show the sailboats carved below where the ashtray sits. The best I remember the old glass tray that sat on it had big divots to rest a cigar. Not the small slots like you would see for a cigarette. But that's really is not important. Guess I can hit some antique store locally or flea markets and see what I turn up....
Thanks for looking

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Big Muddy
08-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Wifey said she didnt see anything suitable at the flea market.
We'll keep looking.