PDA

View Full Version : Look at this big mofo!!!.....

Big Muddy
08-17-2014, 11:10 PM
One of my wife's friends sent this pic to her....she said her husband killed this copperhead in
Leake County, MS.
I don't know the couple, so it might be a photoshop job.
If it IS a real snake, it's the biggest day'um copperhead I've ever seen!!!

quercus alba
08-17-2014, 11:19 PM
I've killed some mighty big copperheads but nothing like that . I call photoshop

Captain
08-17-2014, 11:42 PM
According to Mississippi State University the Miss. record for copperhead is 56 inches.
That's a pretty big copperhead.
NC record is 46 (?) I think.

http://msucares.com/pubs/publications/p2277.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
08-18-2014, 12:21 AM
I've seen a shitload of copperheads as a kid running around the N.C. mountains, but I never had a clue a copperhead got anywhere near that size. Is that your wife's friend's husband in the pic? That may be a small clue as to whether it's real or not. Personally, I'm pretty much leaning toward Q/A's thoughts.

Captain
08-18-2014, 04:56 AM
I personally think that is just a picture of the ultimate "long arm" effect. Looks like he is holding it with a stick and it just happens to be very close to the camera. It's still a good size Copperhead but in my opinion it's not the monster it appears to be. I'm basing that on how large the pattern looks on the side of the snake. I've never seen a copperhead where the pattern was that large. Even the big ones I've killed the pattern stays small and just "more" of them.
Here two big ones that tried to get in my turkey blind a couple of years ago. Both very large for this area...
This is the largest one I've ever killed it was 49 inches a good inch or so larger than The state record but I had no clue at the time and cut about 3 or 4 inches of his head off and skinned it before I knew it. I still have the skin and it is 46 inches long...
Take Care, Captain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

LW
08-18-2014, 09:16 AM
I pray that is photo shopped.

LJ3
08-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Cap'ns right. He's long arming it. Still a good sized snake though!

Thumper
08-18-2014, 09:32 AM
Captain;

I personally think that is just a picture of the ultimate "long arm" effect. Looks like he is holding it with a stick and it just happens to be very close to the camera.

I just took a much closer look Cappy, and I think you may be right. It's hard to tell how long that stick is he's holding it with and it could be right up at the lens. Without taking that into consideration, that snake looks to be at least 6 feet long! Ain't no copperhead on earth gonna get THAT big! Still a nice, fat snake ... but I think they've been taking photography lessons from Cappy's Fishing Album! :D

Buckrub
08-18-2014, 09:46 AM
Obvious Photoshop. His right hand isn't even holding the snake.

And you guys ought to see Cappy and a Puffin' Adder. Better'n any cartoon on TV.

Big Muddy
08-18-2014, 10:00 AM
I agree with the long-arming bit....but, even so, look at how big-around that sumbuck is !!!