PDA

View Full Version : This is kind'a cool ...

Thumper
08-21-2014, 02:16 PM
Lynn and I went to a food show last Saturday. She used to be in the "business" and some of the Distributor reps. were staying at her hotel since it's right next door to the Convention Center. She knows a lot of them, so she was able to obtain passes for us to get in. We pigged out, brought a truck load of food home with us and had a pretty good time. It reminded us of the old days when she was in the business and we'd fill the freezer after one of the shows.

Anyway, one of the reps. represented Mars, Inc. and had a ton of samples left over. He gave Lynn a case of M&M's (case of 12 boxes, 24 packs/box). I love Peanut M&M's, but I'm not all that crazy about the regular M&M's (like I really "need" either one). So, she gave away all the boxes and brought one home with her. It's been sitting here all week and I just decided to open the box and have a pack after lunch.

Dang! I guess this is something new. (then again, maybe not, as I usually skip the candy aisle at the grocery store) Anyway, they're new to me. They're about the size of a nickle, but a LOT thicker. I just ate a bag and they're pretty good ... better than the regular kind IMHO. Same stuff, just more chocolate I guess. Maybe it's my imagination, but they "seem" to taste better. I still prefer Peanut M&M's though ... but these were free.

Here's what they look like if you haven't seen 'em, so if you're a fan of plain M&M's, ya' might wanna check 'em out. (heck, for all I know, they've been around for years)

3493 3494