PDA

View Full Version : This is Driving Me Nuts!

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2014, 01:53 PM
I was at Lowe's this weekend picking up some odds and ends and at the register we had one of those deals where a a guy and his wife and me all got to the shortest line at the register at the same time. He told me to go first and I said no, please go ahead the world is in too much of a hurry anyway blah blah blah. So while we're waiting we strike up a conversation (as anyone who knows me knows I do with just about anybody) and I notice he's wearing a navy cap with a ship on it and some nonsense number squids assign to their stuff that I can never understand and he tells me that he and his wife both just retired from the Navy. We talk further and come to find out both of them were Navy tech controllers (I was an Air Force tech controller)! Anyway, we all shook hands and I thanked them both for their service and it was all smiles when we all left Lowes.

Then I got in my truck and it dawned on my that I knew BOTH of them from somewhere and it was crazy of me not to ask where. but if they'd been in the Navy and just retired how could that be? Its been bugging me ever since. I KNOW I know these people from somewhere. Or maybe my brain is just finally burnt completely out. But I can picture both of their faces.

Strange. Maybe I'll bump into them again.

The guy told me to have a plan for what I wanted to do with my time when I retired. He said he didn't and it about drove him crazy for a year or two.

BKB

Thumper
08-25-2014, 02:14 PM
I like Navy couples! ;)

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www/release/sites/default/files/imagecache/textarticle_640/2011/12/21/Navy.jpg

Buckrub
08-25-2014, 02:16 PM
Being ex military, he would say that.

But he's nuts.

If you have a plan, you'll just spend each night disappointed! Do what I do........just sorta stumble through life and let today be today.......and let the weather and your wife's mood dictate what you do today....and if you get nuthin' done, then fine, do it tomorrow. Throw your watch as far as you can throw it, over water. Che Sera Sera.

LJ3
08-25-2014, 02:43 PM
If I ever get to retire. Bucky's approach will suit me perfectly.

Buckrub
08-25-2014, 02:44 PM
The MAIN rule is "Do not EVER pick up the first list".

She will leave lists. Here.... There.... Over yonder... lists about this. Lists about that.

if you pick ONE up, EVER.........you're doomed.

Big Muddy
08-25-2014, 03:30 PM
Phole, you prolly remember them from that drunken threesome ya'll had. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2014, 03:47 PM
To be perfectly honest, of the two of them it was her that got me thinking I knew them. She was purty.

BKB

Niner
08-25-2014, 08:49 PM
It was probably one of those "precognition" things.

Happens to me now and then.