PDA

View Full Version : CFB Week One

Buckrub
08-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Crazy. It's finally 100F+ and yet it's time to play football.

Here's my 2014 predictions:

Top Four (I dunno the order, but probably close to the way I've listed it):
Florida State
Oklahoma
Auburn
Oregon

Next four in:
Alabama
UCLA
South Carolina
Missouri

Thumper
08-25-2014, 03:13 PM
Well, if you're correct, my Chinese buddy (pictured in the other post) will love you for it. He's the biggest FSU fan that ever lived. He graduated there and both his sons graduated there. He plans his life around football season and goes to EVERY home game (as well as the major out of state games). He used to have an automatic, standing hotel reservation in Tallahassee for every home game, but a few years ago, he built a big house up there just so they'd have a place to stay for the home games. He owns EVERY piece of FSU clothing and memorabilia ever made and has a signed football on his desk (no clue who signed it ... player, coach ... dunno, never looked). He (and his wife) eat and breathe FSU football. He even buys a new car every other year to take to the games ... it's always FSU colors and even has special FSU pin-striping painted on. I doubt you could find a bigger fan.

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2014, 03:16 PM
My personal and very unbiased opinion is that OU is overrated this year by a mile. Youngest team Stoops has coached since he got here. I think we'll be good, maybe better than most and probably a top ten or top 12 team but not much better than that. That don't mean I won't smack talk about the opposition and it don't mean I ain't rootin' fer 'em, but they've got a lot of work to do.

We open against Tennessee. We'll see how that goes and then go from there.

BKB

Big Muddy
08-25-2014, 03:19 PM
Fla State - no way, Hosea....famous Jameis will be so pussy-whipped and full of crab legs, he won't be able to waddle down the field, this year. ;)

As bad as I hate to say it, Auburn and LSU will be the monsters of the SEC this year.

And, don't forget the dynamic duo !!!!!

Buckrub
08-25-2014, 03:32 PM
LSU will lose two.
Alabama might also.
Auburn is for real. But who knows.
SC is good QB play away from it all.
FSU is still #1 till proven otherwise. They should walk.

OU-Tennessee? Geez. Do y'all always open with patsies?

Arkansas will win 3 games. I promise.

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Well, at least it isn't the Immatellin U Battling Earthworms.

I'll tell ya what, if I was putting money on an upset for any games this coming year, it might be on the Okie Dokies and Florida State. Before you piss in your pants, number one - it's a road game opener for FSU (at Jerry world) that is basically a home game for Okie State. that place will look like opening morning of deer season. Numero Bee-o - Florida State doesn't open well unless they're playing a patsy which lately they've been stepping it up in scheduling tough opponents. Tertiarily - Mike Gundy really is a helluva coach and he'll have 'em poppin' pads like nobody's bidness. They fired that POS defensive coordinator last year and FSU has no film at all on what OSU will bring for them on D so that's a big advantage for OSU, at least in the first quarter or so.

So it looks like a trap game for FSU to me, but what do I know? I don't like the Cowgirls or the Semen Holes.

BKB

Big Muddy
08-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about the Hogs....my bad, and I'm a Hog fan and taxpayer, too....they could go ALL-THE-WAY !!!....don't know exactly where, but they could get there. ;)

Trav
08-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Barry, Remember OSU is replacing 27 players from last year. There is no way they win, also we open with La Tech not Tennessee. We have a to prove some things at WR, RB and stopping the run but we probably have the best OL depth we have had since stoops has been here. The DL should be really strong.

Plus you have to remember a lot of those preseason rankings look at where we will end up at the end of the year and outside of Texas and Texas Tech our difficult games are at home.