PDA

View Full Version : Cap'n Pickles!! Muy Importante Question!

LJ3
08-25-2014, 04:33 PM
My kid is at VCU in Richmond. While the VCU police presence and staffing seems quite capable, I still want her to be able to respond to any physical threats that may get to close to her personal safety zone. Or disable a potential attacker.

She can't conceal carry, but pepper spray and I believe stun guns are ok.

I'd trust your opinion over just about anyone else I know for a recommendation, or what to avoid. She's tall, strong as hell and does not present a weak target to anyone paying attention.

That doesn't really help her Dad feel any better :(

Other LEO Dawgs please feel free to comment as well.

Oh alright any of you can all comment, just let me get a damn answer before we talk about Jimmy's tits.

Buckrub
08-25-2014, 04:35 PM
Pepper Gel.

Thumper
08-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Quit smothering the poor girl ya' danged worrywart and give her some space to grow up on her own. Sheeesh, you've already failed at protecting her by allowing her to drive a Lesbaru! College is the start of the growing up process. Give her some room. JMHO

P.S. Your local Army Surplus store may have a bazooka in stock. ;)

Big Muddy
08-25-2014, 06:59 PM
Teach her the "ball-sack-kick"....puts even the biggest azzholes on their knees. ;)

Captain
08-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Len. Get her a can of Pepper foam. The pepper SPRAY will spray her as much as the bad guy.
The wind is a AWFUL thing around pepper spray!
The foam will shoot out much like silly string and sticks to the bad guy. Stun guns are no good, guy has to get too close.
Taser are the shit, but make sure she can legally have one on campus.

As far as IN the dorm or apartment there is NOTHING better than a can of wasp spray. It shoots a long way and is death on eyeballs.
Every woman should have a can In her work desk drawer.
Eddies idea is a good one, but she needs training. A good self defense class is a great idea. But that is just for the ah shit situations when someone gets in close.
The main idea is to stop them before they get within touching distance with wasp spray or pepper foam.
Pepper foam, I think the strongest you can buy is like 7%. Police carry 10% and it is God awful. I've taken several hits.
If I can put my hands on a couple of canisters I'll get your address and slip them your way as long as you forget where they can from! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

LJ3
08-25-2014, 08:01 PM
(a) She asked for the spray Jimmy. Like I said she's NOT a physical target, she's 5' 11" and solid muscle BUT she wants physical protection.
(2) That's good info, thanks!
(iii) Even better if you can send me a can of the good stuff :)

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2014, 08:07 PM
Len, a little self defense training of some sort probably would help her confidence a little bit in that area too.

BKB

Thumper
08-25-2014, 09:29 PM
(a) She asked for the spray Jimmy. Like I said she's NOT a physical target, she's 5' 11" and solid muscle BUT she wants physical protection.

Ha! I wouldn't be doing my duty if I didn't harass you. :D