PDA

View Full Version : Well, Alrighty Then

Buckrub
08-26-2014, 09:53 AM
This has moved to #1 on my list of Phrases that Should Be Banned.

It means the opposite of allrighty! It means "I heard what stupid things you said and while it'd be silly for me to openly disagree, I'll simply through this out there so everyone knows how vehemently I disagree with you and think you are an idiot". Worse, it's almost always used in retort to some opinion that actually makes decent sense.

Moved to #2 is "Whatever". This actually means "I am not sentient enough to formulate and provide any cogent comments".

Feel free to add your own.

BarryBobPosthole
08-26-2014, 09:53 AM
Whatever.

BKB

LJ3
08-26-2014, 10:16 AM
The term "literally" has completely lost its LITERAL definition with anyone under the age of 30. It's used as an exaggeration.

Buckrub
08-26-2014, 10:19 AM
Yeah, like, um, I agree.

BarryBobPosthole
08-26-2014, 10:23 AM
If we're going to eliminate a word or phrase then we have to nominate a replacement. Otherwise there'd be way too many 20 second lulls in conversations. I mean like, literally.

BKB

Buckrub
08-26-2014, 11:15 AM
I gave my replacements for my two suggestions. It's what you SHOULD say instead! Learn to talk, folks. Say what you mean. Mean what you say. Stop muttering. Don't stutter. Be firm. Be positive. Believe in yourself.

Or stuff.

BarryBobPosthole
08-26-2014, 11:21 AM
Gadzooks! Zounds!

Two I'd like to see make a comeback.

BKB

jb
08-26-2014, 11:24 AM
I think it rates right up there with "What?"

LJ3
08-26-2014, 11:30 AM
I'm a big fan of "Go fuck yourself"

It speaks volumes.

Niner
08-26-2014, 11:58 AM
Really? I mean, REALLY.

Thumper
08-26-2014, 12:28 PM
It means "I heard what stupid things you said and while it'd be silly for me to openly disagree, I'll simply throw this out there so everyone knows how vehemently I disagree with you and think you are an idiot".

So you hear that a lot, do you? Maybe you should take that as a hint. :poke :moon :biggrin

BarryBobPosthole
08-26-2014, 01:19 PM
Indubitably.

BKB

Big Muddy
08-26-2014, 01:35 PM
"Sweet Lovin' " is the term that's presently making the rounds down here with the younger crowd....just in the last few weeks, I've heard, "I'm gonna kick your sweet lovin' azz, if you pinch my butt one more time."(young couple at Walmart).....and, "My folks bought me a sweet lovin' Dodge Challenger, last week."(local college kid)....and, "Let's all load up, this weekend, and head down to Biloxi and buy some sweet lovin' seafood."(bunch of local high school kids at our new Hardees)

I'm sure the kids think it's cool, but it sorta grates on your nerves, after you've heard it about a dozen times.

BarryBobPosthole
08-26-2014, 01:38 PM
The females in my immediate family overuse the term 'hot mess'. They use it to describe everything and anything that isn't going the way they fell it should or to describe a person who doesn't act the way they feel he or (usually) she should. So they end up a hot mess.

Whatever.

BKB

Big Muddy
08-26-2014, 01:49 PM
"Gnarly" and "Sick" have made the rounds, too....both are used to describe things which are exactly opposite of their definitions.

"Man, I LOVE your new Harley, it is just sick and gnarly!!!"....