PDA

View Full Version : East bound and down.

Captain
08-26-2014, 07:59 PM
Got the farm laid by where it can be on cruise control for a few days. Headed to the Outer Banks for a few days of catching Flat Fish..
I'm not going to be like someone else and tell y'all I'll post pictures. ;) See y'all in the funnies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
08-26-2014, 08:15 PM
I'll repeat here what I texted you. The most fun I ever had fishing as a kid was for those ol' flatties! My buddy and I would head for the coast, set up camp right on the beach (can't even do that anymore) and head out. I had an old car headlamp (sealed beam) duct taped on the end of a broomstick and I'd hook it to my belt and let it float in front of me. I'd take an old inner tube with a car battery strapped on it, tie a rope to it, hook it to my belt and it would float behind me as I walked the shallows. Then I'd gig those puppies when I'd spot 'em. No better eatin' than that!

We'd always have a pot of boiling water on the camp fire and any crabs we caught, we'd keep in a "cage", then drop 'em in the pot when we'd caught a mess of 'em. Man, we ate good as kids!

Have fun dude!

Chicken Dinner
08-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Man, I love flounder fishing. Have fun!