PDA

View Full Version : Ya' just never know ...

Thumper
08-27-2014, 10:25 AM
... what ya' might find lyin' around the house. I was cleaning out my toolbox and found an old Snap-On socket that has been in my box almost forever. It's just a little 1/4" drive socket, but the opening is an odd oval shape instead of the standard "nut shape". I decided to research the model number and found out it was a special tool manufactured by Snap-On from 1946-1955 and is for the fuel jets on Stromberg carbs for 1933-34 Fords! I have no clue where I got it, but am assuming it was one of my dad's old sockets. I decided to research it a bit and found an antique car collector's blog where, 5 years ago, some dude was bragging about finding one on eBay for $48.00 and how rare they are! Hmmm, I decided to check The Bay and found there's only one listed as an auction right now with a starting bid of $55.35, so you can bet I'll be watching to see what the final sales price will be. Cool beans man! This is something I'd never use in a zillion years and I have absolutely no need for it. Guess what I'll be listing soon? ;)

3543 3544