PDA

View Full Version : Some People's Luck!

Big Skyz
09-01-2014, 06:57 PM
I wish I had it. All summer I have been trying to catch a big brown trout. On Saturday I asked my wife if she wanted to come fishing with me. I think God just really likes pretty girls.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/Huntzz/TerriAdams8-30-14C_zps8396c08b.jpg

Arty
09-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Holy schmoly! What a fish! What a wife!!!!

Thumper
09-01-2014, 07:32 PM
WOW! That's a BIG girl! The FISH I mean!! ;)

At least I "think" it's a girl. That lower/rear fin looks male as does the lower jaw ... the upper jaw and belly looks female. Is it a he/she?

Captain
09-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Man that is some fish! And a great picture of a pretty Lady to go with it. Please tell he congrats from me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
09-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Congrats man.

Forgive an old man for not having sympathy for YOU not having luck!!!

BarryBobPosthole
09-02-2014, 08:27 AM
Woo hoo! That's a dandy! The only thing about having a woman out fish you is they have a strong tendency to rub it in.

BKB

Captain
09-02-2014, 09:11 AM
Hey Niner.... There's a picture for the fishing forum header... One that will actually ADD class too!

Posthole, see how it's done. You go fishing, catch fish, take pictures, and then POST pictures at GH....

Thumper
09-02-2014, 09:23 AM
Ha! Fat chance! I'm still waiting on pics of his (now not so new) truck. ;)

Captain
09-02-2014, 10:09 AM
Posthole is an old Indian word meaning "Post no image"

Thumper
09-02-2014, 10:18 AM
I thought that was Cherokee for "Man of No Proof". Or was that "Man of Much Bullshit". Heck, I can't remember ... it means sumpin' like that. :D

Captain
09-02-2014, 12:41 PM
We need to call him Chief No-Showum'

Bwana
09-03-2014, 09:03 AM
Great looking fish Mrs. Sky!

Niner
09-05-2014, 12:31 PM
HOLY COW!!!!
That is a SERIOUSLY NICE brownie! I keep coming back to this pic and trying to come up with some kind of smart a$$ed comment to make....but there just ain't none.

I've never seen a brownie with a head as big as that one. I know she's "long arming" it a bit, but it's still doggone big. She should be very proud of it.

It's bad enough to get out-fished by my wife (who's been fishing her whole life)....but to get out-fished by yours too (who hardly ever picks up a pole)....well, maybe I'd better take up golf. At least I might be able to achieve total consciousness.
https://www.google.com/#q=youtube+caddyshack+total+consciousness
:biggrin

How long was this rascal.....and did ya happen to measure the girth? If y'all haven't considered it, you should think about getting a replica mount done. Seriously.

SO, was she using a spinning or fly rig? I think I can see a bunch of fly line in the background. Also, was she by chance using one of those special Adams flys? Those are pretty deadly on them Montana trouts!

Tell her that I am very happy for her....and envious. AND, she's gonna be back up on the Fishing Forum header as soon as I get a chance to get into the software to make that happen.

Big Skyz
09-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Bill, it was only 20" long, but football fat with a huge head. I could fit my entire fist in it's mouth had I been inclined too. My wife had a heckuva time hanging on to it. I should have had her put both hands in the gill plate to hold it up. I do wish I would have measured the girth. I just didn't think of it at the time. I was trying to get a photo and get it back in the water. She caught it on an Adams Special fly.

jb
09-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Just a little local history on the "Adams Fly"

http://hatchesmagazine.com/blogs/Hatches/2010/04/19/the-adams-history-revisited-by-tom-deschaine/