PDA

View Full Version : Posthole, I about visited tulsa co jail today

LW
09-01-2014, 09:11 PM
I sure thought I was gonna end up there today. The boy and I went to the drillers game today. All was well until the 4th inning when we decided we needed snow cones. I set at a table on the concourse while Mason went to stand in line. The line was backed up pretty good and I start hearing a 60-ish year old man yelling at the kids working the stand because he was having to wait to long. He was a real jack ass type who went to name dropping about how important he was etc. A young woman was at the register ordering and had her small children with her. The man was yelling at the help so bad that they were getting flustered. The young woman turned around and said "they are trying to take my order" to which he replied "then hurry up and place your damn order and get the hell out of the way". I got up to walk over and this is where it gets interesting. My 15 year old turns to the man and says "sir, she has kids with her". He replied with "mind your own goddamn business before I bust your ass for you". This is where near jail happens. I got in his face and told him that if the very next words out of him werent apologies to the young woman and those kids working the stand then he better pick a hospital because I was gonna break my rule about not beating the elderly. He got real nice real fast and quickly got tossed from the park. The young lady tried to give my kid money which he quickly turned down and even apologized for letting it go on too long. I have always tried to teach him that I always expect him to take up for people that can't take up for themselves. I guess he listened.

HideHunter
09-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Hear Hear!

quercus alba
09-01-2014, 09:38 PM
I suffer from acute misanthropy. I truly believe that if it weren't for the soul, man would be the least useful life form that God created.

Buckrub
09-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Buy him something nice. Tell him it's from me~

LW
09-01-2014, 09:57 PM
The bright side of this is that I was really proud of my kid. The down side is that it sure killed our care free mood for the day. Kind of ruined the game unfortunately.

Thumper
09-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Congrats all around, Dad! It totally baffles me how some human beings can be such worthless assholes.

Arty
09-02-2014, 08:05 AM
He did the right thing! You should be proud, and I know you are!

BarryBobPosthole
09-02-2014, 08:15 AM
The world has a bunch of those people in it and I swear I don't know how some of them make it to that advanced age. My ex-brother in law used to needle waiters and waitresses in restaurants. Made several cry. I used to get up and leave when he'd do that and eventually refused to go out to eat with him. Caused a lot of family stress but I don't wanna be associated with those assholes.

Hope your son got a pat on the back and a free snowcone! He done good.

And ps.....I'm good for your bail any time. Just holla. If worse comes to worse I know a guy in North Carolina we can call. He'd have our back in something like this I guarantee ya.

BKB

Thumper
09-02-2014, 08:34 AM
If worse comes to worse I know a guy in North Carolina we can call. He'd have our back in something like this I guarantee ya.

Yeah, but he's a washed-up old has-been. :D

BarryBobPosthole
09-02-2014, 08:36 AM
I was talking about Big Jim, Thumper! When the fur starts flying I wanna be on his side.

BKB

Big Skyz
09-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Sorry it killed the mood for the day, but you both did the right thing and that will last a long time in your son's memory. Way more important lesson there than anything the game could have done.

Captain
09-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Perfect and GOOD job on you and your sons part.
I'll pitch in with Posthole on the bail funds anytime for a situation like this. Might even find a Lawyer coin or too.
Big Jim can right bonds in any state.
Those "name droppers" sicken me. You cannot imagine how many times I heard that card played in my job.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
09-02-2014, 11:16 AM
I know Cappy and Thumper and Big Sky and Bwana and Posthole and Chicken Dinner.

So there.

Big Muddy
09-02-2014, 01:05 PM
I know Cappy and Thumper and Big Sky and Bwana and Posthole and Chicken Dinner.

So there.

Don't forget Bill and Hillary....;)

LJ3
09-02-2014, 02:09 PM
LW,

Good on your boy and you as well. After thinking about your story I'm pretty confident both my girls would have reacted the same way. My 18 year old may have even put that crotchety fucker in his place without my stepping in.

I've always raised them to stand up for those who can't stand for themselves. They've both been in tough scrapes because of it and I supported them 100% and made sure those enabling the bullying knew I fully supported them.

Len

LW
09-02-2014, 02:39 PM
And please don't think my kid is an angel. He's the same boy that will hit somebody with a baseball because they take too long getting in the batters box. I call him a turd with values.

LJ3
09-02-2014, 02:59 PM
Mine throw house parties and do all kinds of shit they think I don't know about.

But they'll stand up to every bully they see :)

Bwana
09-03-2014, 09:09 AM
LW - I am very impressed with both your boy and you. Rude should not have to be tolerated and that guy sounds like a class AAA a$$. Job well done.

quercus alba
09-03-2014, 12:28 PM
it's times like this I need to be the grand high exalted taser-master, with the ability to transport to wherever I'm needed. Sigh, so many fools so few tasers

LW
09-03-2014, 03:15 PM
In a perfect world, I would of lit him up like a Christmas tree.

LJ3
09-03-2014, 03:32 PM
I think if you could have made him literally shit himself, all would be well in the world :)