PDA

View Full Version : Ya' ever wanna kick yourself in the ass?

Thumper
09-02-2014, 09:02 AM
I have to be VERY vague here because I have some on-going auctions running and don't want prying eyes dropping in here to bust me. Sorry. I went to an estate sale last Friday and bought a few items, but there was a pile of a something that kind of intrigued me. There were about 20 of 'em there. I examined 'em, did a bit of research (not much to go on), picked 'em up, put 'em back ... looked some more ... and finally walked away from them. The next day (Saturday) I went again for 1/2 price day and all of 'em were still there ... not ONE had sold. Dang it ... I decided I had to have 'em .... BUT, I only picked up a dozen of 'em (under $100) and left the others there.

I came home, threw half of 'em up on eBay and they sold immediately. I mean ... they FLEW off the shelf! An under $50 investment brought an easy $300 in a nano-second! I threw the others up at auction and the "watchers" started book-marking them immediately (probably waiting to bid toward the end of the auction). It should be a VERY easy minimum of $600 for a $100 investment with minimal time/work involved.

So what's the problem? WHY THE "F" DID I ONLY BUY A DOZEN OF 'EM??? I left the sale about an hour before they were to shut down and the balance of the pile was still there when I left. Dang-it! One'o these days I'll get the hang of this game. :(

Big Muddy
09-02-2014, 09:38 AM
""""....but there was a pile of a something that kind of intrigued me....""""

Dildos for cats ???.... ;)

Thumper
09-02-2014, 09:53 AM
If there's money in 'em ... I'll sell 'em! ;)

Buckrub
09-02-2014, 11:25 AM
I think that's called "hedging your bets". Doesn't sound stupid to me.