PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd throw this out here...

Arty
09-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Not sure how it could be shipped, unless through FFL since it's a handgun.

Looking to sell this and thought I'd see if any of you dufi are interested.

Ruger super redhawk. .44 mag
(Cheapo) Simmons scope. But it does hold zero.
2 cases (original case and another case to hold or with the scope)
75 rounds of ammo
Hogue grips
Great condition. Shot very little
$675
There's a thousand $ in this pic.

Thumper
09-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Ticboy will take it. He'll send a "messenger" to pick it up and fly home with it on a commercial airliner. (different day, different time, ya' kind'a had to be there) :D

Thumper
09-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Gots kind of a cool story for ya'. The Lenster owns the gun that was used to develop the prototype for the production Hogue grips ya' have there. I was in L.A. and just HAD to have one'o those new Ruger Redhawks when they were released. I was jonesin' in a bad way! I looked EVERYWHERE ... nothing available. I went to the biggest gun show in Los Angeles and couldn't find one anywhere until I came to the Hogue booth. There it was ... the gun I just HAD to have. I asked if I could possibly purchase the display model and they told me no, they had to have it to display their new grips. I went to EVERY FRIGGING booth at that show and zip ... nada ... nuttin'! They were non-existent. I went back to the Hogue booth where it seemed the ONLY Redhawk in existence happened to be and practically got on my knees to BEG for that gun. Finally, I talked to Aaron Hogue and he told me he had to keep that gun for display, but he understood my desperation and suggested I talk to his dad, Guy Hogue.

Guy told me that the U.S. Border Patrol was buying up every single Redhawk as fast as Ruger could pump 'em out and that's why there were none available.
BUT ... he said he had the gun that Ruger sent him to develop the prototype grips for the Redhawk ... but it was back at his shop in Atascadero, California. For those unfamiliar with California, that is almost PERSACTLY at the half way point between L.A. and San Francisco. I told him I'd meet him at his shop the following Saturday. The big day came, I drove up and bought the gun from Guy Hogue hisownfineself. His grips were installed on the gun, but he also gave me the original wood grips that came with it. Back then (and probably still), California had a 10-day waiting period from when you purchased a gun, 'til the day you could actually take delivery. I had to drive home without it, wait TWO WEEKS (I had to work and could only go on a weekend), then make the drive all over again. Guy took me on a personal tour all through the shop and then handed over the hog-leg!

Later down the road, I decided I needed a scope on that gun, but there was a major problem. I'm a purist and just could not bring myself to clamp on aftermarket scope rings ... so I sold the Redhawk to Ticboy and put that cash toward a brand new Super Redhawk (which comes with the dove-tail mounts) ... then installed a stainless Leupold on it with the factory rings. Chessie was coming down here on a business trip and when he got here, we went out drinkin' and chasin' wild wimmins. Before he left town, I gave him that Redhawk to take back to Ticboy.

When I got out of the hospital, I gave my Super Redhawk to my neighbor in exchange for mowing my lawn all year while I was recovering.

I assume Ticboy still has that old original hog-leg.

Big Muddy
09-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Arty, how many rounds have been thru it???

Buckrub
09-02-2014, 07:28 PM
You'd have to give me $1,000 just to shoot it ONCE!

Arty
09-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Maybe 50 rounds. There's barely any cylinder wear at all. Looks almost new

Bucky - it really ain't that bad.

I have a sale pending locally. Will know for sure Friday.

Niner
09-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Bucky, Bucky, Buckkkkkyyyyyyy.......does that mean that you would not find any pleasure in shooting my Ruger Super Blackhawk with 5.5" barrel??

Buckrub
09-02-2014, 08:00 PM
I have the Vaquero in .357 mag, and love it. But no .44 mag for me. I've shot one before. Not fun.

I just won a Uberti .45 Cattleman.......never shot it. Taking it to camp tomorrow night as my snake/hog/mt.lion/bear/poacher/tincan sidearm.

Captain
09-03-2014, 05:25 AM
I have a Colt Anaconda in 44 Mag. I had a great scope mount and nice aimpoint scope on it for deer hunting. Loaned it to a "buddy" that was thinking of buying it. When it came back the scope and mount was gone. He says the scope messed up and he took it off to continue to use it and now he cannot find the mount and scope .... Yea right.
Anyway I now own a very nice camo .44 mag hunting shoulder rig holster that fits a revolver with a scope and because there is no scope on my .44 mag it won't fit.... :-(
I have not pulled the trigger on buying another scope and mount because I cannot find the mount like I had. It did not require any drilling on the Anaconda. All the mounts I find now do.... :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
09-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Ummm, how GOOD of a buddy is (or was?) he? I assume he paid for the scope/mounts. (?)

Captain
09-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Nope. Not yet anyway. Last time I talked to him a year or so ago he still says he's gonna "find" the one he took off.
Think it's time for a call and reminder.
The mount that was on the Anaconda was a B-Square and is not made anymore..... :-(

Thumper
09-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Yep, the B-Square is rare as hen's teeth for the non-drilled type. One just sold on eBay for almost $110.00! Ya' don't want to drill into those older model Anacondas for a few reasons ... strength for one and ruined collector value for another. I'll keep my eyes open. I assume you're looking for a blued mount?

P.S. How the "F" does one "lose" a scope and mount removed from a borrowed gun?

Captain
09-03-2014, 08:49 AM
He prolly sold it on EBay. And my gun in brushed stainless.... The mounts I had were stainless and probably even MORE rare.
Wish I had seen That set on eBay I would have bought them or raised the bid up one... :-(

Thumper
09-03-2014, 08:53 AM
Well dang! I just checked and it was actually a Millett set-up. Not sure if it has to be tapped or not. I think B-Square was the only one that was clamp-on. I know some of 'em screw into the mount holes for the rear factory site ... not sure how the front is secured.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colt-Python-Anaconda-Millett-Niclel-Scope-Mount-Rings-Mounting-/301219325000?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4622122448&nma=true&si=MXhJnGG41pXxq8m0002m6%252BT08Fk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

LJ3
09-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Still got it jimbo. Having the 17 foot long barrel makes it reasonable to shoot at the range. After about 25 rounds or so I'm done, though.

Chicken Dinner
09-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Man, I used to have a .44 in Ruger Blackhawk (Bisley Hunter) with a 7.5" barrel. It sure was pretty to look at, but I'm man enough to admit it was just too much gun for me. It wasn't that much fun to shoot and it was way too heavy to be carrying comfortablly. I traded it off on something else with less than 100 rounds through it.

LJ3
09-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Did you just call me a pussy?

Thumper
09-03-2014, 10:26 AM
I think he did Tic. What'cha gonna do about it? ;)

I always wanted to take a bear with that Redhawk .... until I hit a brick wall trying to get a handgun into Canada. :(

Chicken Dinner
09-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Did you just call me a pussy?

Are YOU talkin' to ME?