PDA

View Full Version : Gots a question Capn'

quercus alba
09-03-2014, 09:41 PM
I've got a friend who owns a big farm equipment shed about a half mile from his house. He's a truck driver and away from home quite a bit and his storage shed has been hit by thieves six times in the last month. he's got pics of them wearing disguises and one has a big tattoo of a scorpion on his arm. Local police say they recognize the tattoo and know who it is but don't have enough evidence to make an arrest.

Whatcha think?

Thumper
09-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Two words ... booby-trap. But tell him not to leave enough evidence to prove he's the one who set it. :D

Captain
09-04-2014, 05:19 AM
I think the local police need to pick the guys up for questioning. They need to check pawn shops for anything they may have pawned, scrap metal buyers for what they have sold, etc.
That tattoo alone is enough to ID one of the guys.
If they have hit his shed that many times it would be my guess that ain't the only place they are hitting. They are getting rid of the stuff somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

DeputyDog
09-04-2014, 07:34 AM
I agree with Cappy all the way. They need to get him in for an interview if they haven't already. There has to be somewhere they are getting rid of what they are stealing. Around here, scrap yards are required to get a photo id from anyone selling to them and have a record of what they sold. Pawn shops will cooperate with the police also and let them know who is pawning what. Your friend can also contact any pawn shops in the area and let them know what has been stolen from him and have them call the police if anyone brings something like that in.

Captain
09-04-2014, 08:02 AM
I can assure you if it were an Murder or Armed Robbery and they had a image of that scorpion tattoo and knew the guy with it, they would be on him like a duck on a June bug...
It should be the same for property crime(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

HideHunter
09-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Friend of mine had some guns stolen. Authorities told him they had a good idea who it was but couldn't prove it. Couple months went by and it got shoved to the back burner. His SIL, a lawyer (and a former member of the sheriff's patrol), suggested he call the office and check "on the progress of the case" a couple times a week. A month later an arrest was made and all but one of the guns recovered.

Niner
09-04-2014, 09:19 AM
Sooooooo...... If this feller was to "camp out " at his barn, and these perps just happened to drop by.....and the guy was afraid for his life.....and just happened to have the Biden-suggested shotgun with him.....and eliminated the perps from the gene pool... Would the cops be singing a different song then?

BarryBobPosthole
09-04-2014, 09:35 AM
I've brooded on this 'not enough evidence' question for several years now since I got my guns stolen and I've come to the conclusion that a lot of the behavior attributed to police is actually rooted in how lazy and politically motivated the fucking DA is.

BKB

quercus alba
09-04-2014, 12:39 PM
A lame duck scandal ridden sheriff might have something to do with the feet dragging

DeputyDog
09-04-2014, 02:11 PM
BINGO!!!!! Barry hit it right on the nose.