PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Mother of Abraham Lincoln!

Chicken Dinner
09-05-2014, 03:13 PM
$21k for a four wheeler. I think I'd just buy a Jeep...

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/ranger-utv/ranger-xp-900-eps-hunter-deluxe-edition

Big Muddy
09-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Chick, that IS really ridonkulous....however, that is the hunter deluxe edition, and has everything, including the kitchen sink....other models are less expensive.

I gotta buddy with more money than sense who has over $30K tied up in his Kubota UTV....he got every after-market accessory, and then some, installed on it....even has an electric deer lift....he just drives up to his dead deer, and scoops it up, off the ground into a cradle-like thingy.

Niner
09-06-2014, 07:43 AM
Blast! For that kind of money, I'd have to think about a mini-truck...
http://www.americasminitruckcenter.com/index.php

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sB1xPs0gdjc?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Big Muddy
09-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Niner, those minis are all over the place, down here....except, these are mostly well-used ones, and aren't four door models....some atv dealer-guy found a steady supply of the used ones from over seas, I think Japan, China or Korea....brings them in, gets them running, and sells them for about $5K to $8K....catfish farmers around here are crazy about them for their farm labor to run around the ponds on....lots cheaper than pickup trucks, and they are easy to work on, and repair parts are readily available....when they get all worn out, they just buy another used one.

This is a typical model, down here....about $7K.

Thumper
09-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Way back in 1972 when I first arrived in beautiful S.E. Asia, I saw those little mico-mini pick-ups and vans all over the place. I think they had large motorcycle engines in them (prolly around 750 cc back then). I thought they were the coolest things I ever saw and thought they'd be a hit here in the states. I kept dreaming of setting up some sort of import deal but at 20 years old, had no clue how to do it, plus I had no money, PLUS I was in the military. Of course, I never pursued it. Years later I started seeing them pop up around commercial airports and they'd run those things all over the place while servicing the aircraft, etc.

Niner
09-06-2014, 12:12 PM
B.M., are they street legal down there? Here they are not, but I understand some places allow them on the roads.

Big Muddy
09-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Niner, there are some that are street legal, down here, and some that aren't.
The dealers down here advertise that they will make them street legal, if you want them that way.....cost more, too.
Most are not, and I've seen only one, running the streets, and it was all decked out in mag wheels, radial tires, custom camo paint job, running lights, etc.

BarryBobPosthole
09-06-2014, 12:52 PM
One ofthose converted to propane or CNG would be the cats ass.

BKB