PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you know...

Sunshine
09-05-2014, 03:41 PM
:)

Big Skyz
09-05-2014, 03:56 PM
I think this is the site you need to check to confirm your suspicions. ;)
http://www.tinfoilhat.com/

BarryBobPosthole
09-05-2014, 03:57 PM
I'm not aware of what regulation they are talking about unless it is net neutrality. What's happened is that the internet has become a marketplace, as we all knew it would. I'll remind you of Posthole's Postulate from many years ago: "Where ever there's money, there's assholes".
The peer network companies that make up the network core of the internet have transit agreements between them that basically says that all traffic on the internet is created equal. In other words, your email carries the same priority as a business transaction that may be worth million of dollars. And yeah, they actually do happen frequently on the internet. New content streaming services, like Netflix, are both bandwidth hogs and money makers. So internet backbone network providers, who in some cases happen to also be content providers themselves, want to be able to prioritize 'golden pathways' ,if you will for, priority data (as in money making data) so that streaming services like video can be guaranteed at a higher service level. They can also charge a premium for that prioritization.

To me, its the prostitutionalizing the internet. IOW, making whores out of internet peers and network providers. Its the commercialization of the internet at its most basic core. We're already inundated with ads, so that's not what I mean. I mean we're taking away its soul.

anyway, that's the only regualtory issue I'm aware of with any real import in the telecom industry. I think this one will end up being decided by the Supremes.

BKB