PDA

View Full Version : My first buried treasure!

Thumper
09-06-2014, 11:18 AM
We're going for brunch and didn't have much time, but Lynn and I ran down to the beach for 30-40 mins. with my metal detector. (slept in this morning after staying up all night) ;)

Found elebenty-bazillion bottle caps, tab tops, cigarette pack foil, gum wrapper foil, etc. Once I get the hang of this, I'll be able to tell what I'm picking up, but as for now, I dig everything I get a hit on.

Only found 3 "keepers" ... a nickle (2014) and two camera filters ... nothing pricey ... a Targus 58mm multi circular polarizer high definition filter and a Targus 58mm multi coated ultra violet high definition filter. That's a lot of frigging words to translate into a couple'a cheap filters! But, it was fun and I gained a tiny bit of experience. I'll hit the beach a lot earlier in the morning. ('Course that WAS my plan today!)

3606 3607

Niner
09-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Are the filters all scratched up from the sand???

Thumper
09-06-2014, 12:28 PM
One has a couple very light scratches (no clue if it was the sand or previous owner) and the other is clear as a bell. They must have been lost recently as they look new ... no corrosion, etc.

Bill, if they're anything you can use, I'll mail 'em to you. Heck, they're nothing I can use and I can ship 'em for $1.93.

Big Muddy
09-06-2014, 12:37 PM
Thank you for being fully clothed!!! ;)

Thumper
09-06-2014, 12:42 PM
Between living in sunny areas and having an outside job for 20 years, I was a "brown man" most of my life. Since my hospital stay and limited time outside, I look like a pasty-white Yankee these days ... so I stay covered in the sun now. Besides, I don't wanna be mistaken for one'a those beached-whale-lookin' German tourists down here. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-06-2014, 12:49 PM
There was a show I only caught a couple of times that had some good looking gal metal detecting. You don't look like her at all but it makes me wonder why that show didn't make it. She was a hammer, and dressed pretty nicetoo!
BKB

Big Muddy
09-06-2014, 01:47 PM
The headphones make you real skinny....oh wait, it's those big buildings behind you that make you look real skinny. ;);)

Arty
09-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Why do you have a hot air balloon following you around?

Big Muddy
09-06-2014, 03:39 PM
It's collecting his "hot air.".....prolly got a heavy mix of methane in there, too. ;)