PDA

View Full Version : Yummmmm, a little pre-breakfast snack!

Thumper
09-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Stopped at a little specialty store last night and brought this back to the room. I stuck it in the fridge overnight and decided to sneak it out this morning for a little snack. :D

3616 3617

Big Muddy
09-07-2014, 10:18 AM
I see it carries the heart-healthy logo....yeah, right, like that's the reason you bought it. ;)
It says, "est. 1995"....is that the date the octopus was captured???....and, what does "fruits" have to do with sliced octopus??? ;)

Just kiddin ', Thump....it does really look like a tasty dish....I like it fried, but never tried it marinated.

Captain
09-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Do you purposely look for the nastiest shit in the world to eat? There is NO way in the world that crap can taste better than some good hog sausage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
09-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Ha! Actually, it was a bit lacking in flavor. Lynn put it is a Zip-Lok bag and we're taking it home so she can do her magic on it. Then I'll have it scarfed down in a nano-second! Oh yeah, Cappy, there ain't NUTTIN' wrong with sausage ... but I can get that anywhere. ;)

Big Skyz
09-07-2014, 11:26 AM
It's not a specialty store, it's called a bait and tackle store by everybody else.

Captain
09-07-2014, 12:32 PM
It's not a specialty store, it's called a bait and tackle store by everybody else.

LOL.... Franks Bait and Tackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
09-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Well, Lynn worked her magic last night and took that crappy tasting stuff and rescued it. She made her OWN octopus salad and it was ... what do youse dufes say? Larrupin! Turned out great! This is called Tako Sunomono. Had it before my steak last night. Not sure which was better ... the tako or the steak.

BarryBobPosthole
09-09-2014, 08:07 AM
That one is about to get away....

BKB

johnboy
09-09-2014, 10:17 AM
What's the green stuff?

Big Muddy
09-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Just to the left of the spoon, is that an octopus pecker???....looks like it's uncircumsized and pretty stiff....and, trying to slither off the plate. ;)

Thumper
09-09-2014, 12:36 PM
Youse dufes are nasty sob's! The green is cucumber Johnboy ... the whole mess is marinated in a vinegar/sugar solution. It's some GOOD stuff.

Tako Sunomono

http://www.japanesecooking101.com/tako-sunomono-octopus-salad-recipe/

Thumper
09-09-2014, 12:39 PM
Lynn's grandmother used to make the best Tako on the face of the earth. I'm sure I've told the story here before about how I ate a whole bowl of the stuff shortly after meeting Lynn. The family got together for a Sunday dinner and while all the Japanese folks were feasting on grandma's Prime Rib ... I was pigging out on her Tako. I think I was the only one at the table who ate any! ;)