PDA

View Full Version : Going to SNOW Today!

Big Skyz
09-10-2014, 10:47 AM
We are supposed to get a snow storm starting this evening and then through the rest of the night. I'm totally stoked. I'm so sick of being hot and dry. I'm not wired at all for temps above 80 degrees. Yesterday the high was in the upper 40's and I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Heck, it felt so good I ran home, jumped in my waders and went fishing. The fish were more lively and fought harder than they have all summer. The leaves are turning, the temps are dropping, and snow is on the way. All I can say is BRING IT ON! You southern boys can have your heat, bugs, and snakes I thrive in colder weather.

HideHunter
09-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Strange goings on here.. We've had a couple nice cool snaps this summer - then back to stifling heat. 4" of rain the past couple days and another cool snap coming (41 for a low Friday ;) ). But the strange thing is - leaves haven't even begun to turn (even the walnuts) but the crops are changing daily.. I'll probably be in the field end of next week and we have every leaf we started with in the timber.. I'm confused.. are we having an early fall or a late one. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-10-2014, 11:47 AM
We'll be in the 70's and low 80's for highs and down into the 50's at night for the next week or so. But it's September and in Oklahoma summer can come back in a flash. We had 80s on Sunday and Monday and yesterday it was 97. With these shorter nights though we'll gradually cool off to fall temps. It'll be October before we start thinking of fall although its dang nice that the grass has slowed down on growing it seems like. I'm mowing about every ten days now depending on moisture.

BKB

Thumper
09-10-2014, 11:56 AM
I love cold weather and even snow ... for a week or two ... then it starts getting old REAL fast.

Bwana
09-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Chance of snow for us here too.

Talk about changing weather; on Monday my son had a football game at 5 PM and the temp was 90 degrees, 24 hours later it was only 45 degrees when i got off of work.

Going to be a cool one for the football game and other activities this weekend. Love it.

Big Skyz
09-10-2014, 12:10 PM
Thumper we are wired completely opposite. I can stand 80 degrees (provided I'm in Hawaii, in the water) for about a week or two.

BarryBobPosthole
09-10-2014, 12:18 PM
And I'm wired different than either of you two, thank the almighty creator and chief master sergeant in the sky. I like all four seasons and I'm glad to live where we get at least two or three months of each one. They all have something cool about them. Indian Summer here in October is absolutely the prettiest weather and time of year of anyplace I've been. It only lasts a few weeks if we're lucky and some years we don't have it to speak of. But when we do, it'll make your heart melt and your neck swell.

BKB

LJ3
09-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Over the years with us talking about the weather it seems like Virginia gets whatever Oklahoma is experiencing about 48 hours afterward.

Basically, Barry is my weather rock.

I like all 4 seasons as well. Winter is about 4 weeks too long for me though. I'm ready to start putting people in the ground by the end of winter.

BarryBobPosthole
09-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Every time I go to Ashburn in February I get stuck there because of weather for an extra few days. It's happened like three consecutive years in a row. Finally this year I just said no, I ain't going. But hey, it only took three times. I'm a fast learner.

BKB

Thumper
09-10-2014, 12:39 PM
The heck with seasons ... if I want seasons, I can drive a few hours north ... make that 9-10 hours and I can spend the weekend in the mountains throwing snowballs.

This is MY favorite season ... and it's year-'round! :biggrin

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/girls-in-bikinis-4.jpg

Buckrub
09-10-2014, 02:03 PM
95 today.

Snow in September is too much for me. No thanks. I don't like heat, I admit. Even less the older I get. (Retire to Phoenix? What's WITH those folks??). But, I learned that Montana's cold is not that cold in normal times. Minus 55? Yes. But I was in a t-shirt at 16 degrees and sweating. Sixteen degrees here would close schools.

AND, I've learned that almost ALL Yankees that come here in the winter freeze their gonads off at 40 degrees.

I don't claim to understand it. But that's my observations.

Big Skyz
09-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Oh I don't know, snow really isn't that bad...
http://apresski.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/snowbunny-jpeg-scaled1000.jpg?w=468

LJ3
09-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Every time I go to Ashburn in February I get stuck there because of weather for an extra few days. It's happened like three consecutive years in a row. Finally this year I just said no, I ain't going. But hey, it only took three times. I'm a fast learner.

BKB

Stay with us this time. We'll have plenty of room and the new house is about 5 miles to your HQ. Don't be a sissy!

BarryBobPosthole
09-10-2014, 02:28 PM
I will take you up on that, Len! Not sure when I'll get out that way next but hopefully soon.

BKB

Thumper
09-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Oh I don't know, snow really isn't that bad...
http://apresski.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/snowbunny-jpeg-scaled1000.jpg?w=468

Dang! If you take a close look, she looks like she's sportin' a weenie in that bikini! :hair

Bwana
09-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Have to go with Thumper's seasonal representative on this one, after all she IS wearing NDSU Bison green and gold. :)