PDA

View Full Version : Ruh Roh!!!....for you Coors Beer lovers....

Big Muddy
09-11-2014, 12:55 AM
FDA Finds Thousands of Coors Light Beers Laced With Cocaine Nationwide; Production Will Stop For 30 Days For Investigation

9/10/14-U.S. - It has been reported by the FDA that cocaine has been found in Thousands of Coors Light beers nationwide. The FDA began investigating beers before they were sent out from the factories, as well as beers that were already on shelves ready for sale in thousands of businesses across the U.S. The FDA became suspicious of Coors Light being laced with a certain drug after thousands of people reported feeling “weird”, “high” and even sick after drinking Coors Light.

The FDA is currently investigating how the cocaine managed to get into Coors Light factories and if it was intentional by the company or an accident. “We cannot afford to have more people accidently drink cocaine from a brewery such as Coors Light, which has been a longtime favorite here in the U.S., this is unacceptable” says FDA employee Arnold Francis. The FDA is forcing Coors Light to cease production for at least 30 days as the investigation is carried on.

Thumper
09-11-2014, 01:08 AM
WTF???

Captain
09-11-2014, 05:13 AM
Eddie that was a "spoof" news story published by Hustler.... I'm surprised you didn't see it in there. :)
Now it's running around the internet like its true... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Chicken Dinner
09-11-2014, 08:49 AM
It must be true because people waste perfectly good cocaine like this all the time.

Big Muddy
09-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Dang it, Cap, I got that story in an email ;)....just figured it HAD to be true ;)....heehee, I like being a sheeit disturber, anyway. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-11-2014, 10:43 AM
And here I was getting ready to switch from Coors Banquet to Coors Light!

BKB

Thumper
09-11-2014, 11:01 AM
I figured there had to be something stupid about that deal, but I guess people don't bother to think these things through. If the stuff was brewed in Mexico instead of Colorado or sumpin' ... I could maybe believe it was a "misdirected" shipment that was supposed to go to some drug distributor in the US, but had to be boiled down (distilled?) to recover the goods. Didn't make a bit of sense originating in the U.S. for U.S. distribution. Duh.

HideHunter
09-11-2014, 11:12 AM
This whole internet thing has really turned me into a skeptic. I took one look at that on Facebook and said - "Bullshit". ;)

Big Muddy
09-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Seriously, anyone here actually like Coors beer???(might as well stir up some more sheeit ;) )....I remember back in the '60s and early '70s, when everyone around here thought it was a real treat to even get hold of a Coors beer?....seems like I remember, during that time, Coors only sold their beer out west, and there were folks who would actually drive out that way, and load up their trunks with the stuff.

At MS State, there was a guy who drove to, I think, Texas once a month, load his car down with Coors, bring it back, and sell it to the fraternity boys for about 10 times what he paid for it....and, they never threw away the empty cans....the cans were sorta like a winner's medal, and every frat boy's bedroom had the shelves lined with empty Coors cans....personally, I think Coors is over-rated....I think I've consumed two of them in my entire like....there is just so much stuff out there that is better. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-11-2014, 02:13 PM
I grew up drinking Coors Banquet and still keep some in my fridge. Its a perfect beer for a hot day in the summer.

When I was in the Air Force in Florida I'd bring back a few cases and sell them for ten bucks a case when I went home on leave. In the mid 70's that wasn't a bad little profit. I knew a F4 pilot who'd fly to Texas or Oklahoma on training missions and he'd bring back a few cases in the cockpit of his jet and sometimes shared them with me. He was one of the few pilot/instructors I ever met that wasn't an asshole.

Its not the best beer in the world, but it quenches on a hot day which is all I ask for in a beer. There's other beers for food and such. Coors is just a non-pretentious plain old American lager beer.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
09-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Wasn't that the whole premise of "Smokey and the Bandit"?

I kind of agree with Posthole. I don't normally drink it. But, on a hot day, out on the water in particular, I just want an ice cold regular old beer. (That being said, Coors wouldn't be my natural go to.)

jb
09-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Back in the 60's in my college days, a 6 pack of Coors was like scoring on a pound of weed, damn if the girls weren't just as nuts about it.
Coors made for a great date night. :wink

Thumper
09-11-2014, 04:28 PM
When I quit college to go to work for the General Motors Plant in Arlington, Texas ... I made a few trips between there and my home in Memphis. I remember I could pull out of my driveway in Memphis, and when I pulled into my apartment parking spot in Arlington, the odometer would roll over at PERSACTLY 500 miles on the dot. On every trip back to Memphis, I'd be able to haul 20-30 cases and sell it in no time flat. I was driving a 1960 Pontiac Ventura (with a GTO engine/cam/carb/etc) and that trunk was big enough to park a Volkswagen in! That's not including the back seat which was about the size of a twin bed.

It was the usual thing ... you want what you can't have. Coors was ONLY available west of the Mississippi ... so EVERYONE east of the Mississippi wanted it. Once it became available everywhere, nobody was that crazy about it. Typical human nature I suppose, but I made a shit-load of money hauling that stuff east.

Yep CD, that's persactly what Smokey & The Bandit was all about.

Captain
09-11-2014, 10:03 PM
I very seldom drink a beer. Just don't care for the weak-ass mess. Give me some good likker home made or store bought.
You just have to drink so much of the weak-ass beer to even feel it that you just get bloated.
Beer = Girlieman stuff

Buckrub
09-11-2014, 10:28 PM
When I quit college to go to work for the General Motors Plant in Arlington, Texas ... I made a few trips between there and my home in Memphis. I remember I could pull out of my driveway in Memphis, and when I pulled into my apartment parking spot in Arlington, the odometer would roll over at PERSACTLY 500 miles on the dot. On every trip back to Memphis, I'd be able to haul 20-30 cases and sell it in no time flat. I was driving a 1960 Pontiac Ventura (with a GTO engine/cam/carb/etc) and that trunk was big enough to park a Volkswagen in! That's not including the back seat which was about the size of a twin bed.

It was the usual thing ... you want what you can't have. Coors was ONLY available west of the Mississippi ... so EVERYONE east of the Mississippi wanted it. Once it became available everywhere, nobody was that crazy about it. Typical human nature I suppose, but I made a shit-load of money hauling that stuff east.

Yep CD, that's persactly what Smokey & The Bandit was all about.

Well, WAY west of the Mississippi!!!

Thumper
09-11-2014, 11:14 PM
I really don't remember which states it was available in ... all I ever heard was "no Coors east of the Mississippi". That leaves a lot of western states open.

Someone once told me that Coors had an agreement with Miller at the time. Supposedly Miller would stay east of river if Coors stayed west. I have no clue if there's any truth to that.

Flatlander
09-11-2014, 11:34 PM
In my younger days Kansas had both Coors and Miller "High Life" Beer. Grew up on Coors but in the 70's sometime they changed the mix a bit. It wasn't the Banquet beer, but now they are back to it.

BarryBobPosthole
09-12-2014, 06:51 AM
Thumper I think Coors was sold in 11 states in the 70's. I don't know which ones but I know three and one of them is Colorado. They're all west of the Mississippi if that helps.

BKB

DeputyDog
09-12-2014, 07:55 AM
When I was in college, we would road trip to Illinois to get Coors. At that time, it still wasn't available in Indiana. I think it finally started to be sold here in the early 90's right at the height of the "Silver Bullet" Coors light craze.

Captain
09-12-2014, 08:03 AM
Thumper I think Coors was sold in 11 states in the 70's. I don't know which ones but I know three and one of them is Colorado. They're all west of the Mississippi if that helps. BKB

Yep about 75-76 I was working in New Orleans running heavy equipment while they were building the superdome and part of some long ass bridge. We could get Coors across the river. I was dating a gal who had moved with her parents to NC from California. Her dad LOVED Coors and could not get it in NC so about every two or three weeks when I would come home I'd bring him and couple of cases on ice.
I got away with everything with that gal.... I could do not wrong in his eyes. ;)

Arty
09-12-2014, 08:49 AM
My dad told me once that you couldn't get Coors back in the day because Coors would only transport it COLD, and the cost to truck it this far east in a refrigerated truck was too expensive.

It made sense and I've always believed it, but now you all have me wondering if everything my dad ever told me was a made up lie!!!

Captain
09-12-2014, 08:54 AM
That may be true. I do remember that gals Dad told me to keep them iced down in a cooler. And I always did. He said they would be no good if allowed to warm up?

Buckrub
09-12-2014, 09:07 AM
In beer there is strength.
In wine there is wisdom.
In water, there is bacteria.

Captain
09-12-2014, 10:12 AM
There is fight in tequila
There is NO panties in moonshine :)

Big Muddy
09-12-2014, 10:44 AM
Does Miller still make the Ponys in the little glass bottles???....wish I had a nickel for every one of those I drank from '67 to '70 at MS State. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-12-2014, 02:56 PM
Coors is still unpasteurized and is still shipped cold from brewery to store shelf.

BKB