PDA

View Full Version : First rate customer service....

Big Muddy
09-11-2014, 01:26 AM
I think I posted about my Apple iPad going completely fubar, a couple of weeks ago....won't charge, won't power up, won't do anything....deader than Bucky's Kubota.
I couldn't find any local business to repair it, so I finally took a chance, and called Apple's tech support, and they answered on the first ring....sweet young thing asked me a few questions, then walked me thru a few attempts at reviving it, but to no avail.
She asked for the serial number and registration card number, which I had kept copies of....then, she said it was nearly a year out of warranty....ruh roh !!!
However, she said, Apple was very generous with their warranty coverage, and would send me a brand new one----FREE !!!
I asked her about returning my old one, and she said they couldn't accept it for return because it still contained all my personal info., and there was no way to delete it because it wouldn't boot up.
Good to know there are still a few good guys out there, where the customer is still important to them, even after the sale.

Captain
09-11-2014, 05:07 AM
Apple products are rock solid! I was very surprised to hear you had one that FUBARED...
Glad you took the time to make that call.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
09-11-2014, 09:01 AM
I'll be on the internet tonight at midnight signing up for a couple of new iPhone 6's. Verizon is giving them away "free" with a 2-year contract and a trade-in of our old phones. The phones with a 2-yr. contract are $199, but with the trade-in, they issue a $200 gift card that can be applied to the purchase. Heck, I've had the same carrier for over 25 years (started as GTE, bought by Alltel, bought by Verizon) so the 2-yr. contract is no biggie. The $200 gift card is a good deal because our old phones (iPhone 4's) are only worth about $75 these days.

Dang! I have an old iPhone 3 here also, but the trade-in deal is only good with the 4's and 5's. :(