PDA

View Full Version : Nothin' like a good old Christian Bigfoot Festival

BarryBobPosthole
09-11-2014, 12:07 PM
This happens down in my neck of the woods in Oklahoma every year. And the lectures are serious business. Most of the rest, thankfully, is not. This is where the believers go to swap stories though.

BKB

Honobia's Bigfoot Festival and Conference, Oct. 3-4, 2014, is good to go with plans falling into place every day, according to Tom Hefner, organization president. The festival is scheduled to take place at Christ's 40 Acres, Honobia, home of Kiamichi Mountains Christian Mission.

According to Hefner the festival and conference committee plans an art show, arts and crafts booths, food vendors and kids' games. A 5 K run is scheduled for Saturday morning. Not only will Bigfoot story tellers be on hand, bring lawn chairs for this event, but the Bigfoot conference is set for a two-day session, and folks can get a photo taken with Bigfoot.

All terrain vehicle (ATV) excursions are scheduled Friday and Saturday with participants bringing their own four-wheelers. The excursion leader, Calvin Winsor, is familiar with the Bigfoot terrain and will talk about the type of nesting and habitat areas attractive to Bigfoot.

Music artists are to perform all during the festival. Some of the art in the show will be for sale.

Admission and parking is free, however a small fee is required each day for admission to the conference lectures.

Speakers are to be: Dr. Melba Ketchum – Sasquatch DNA Process; Thom Cantrall – author Ghost of Ruby Ridge; Farlan Huff – Bigfoot Investigations; Scott R. Nelson – Bigfoot Language; Robert Swain (cartoonist) Laughsquatch; Dave Paulides – author Tribal Bigfoot; Troy Hudson – Local Area Bigfoot Populations. Some last minute changes may be made.

Profits from the festival and conference are used for educational scholarships to benefit seniors at Talihina, Clayton and Smithville schools. Scholarships have already been awarded to seniors at these schools.

This event is designed for the entire family.

Tent and RV camping is available on the campground for a small fee.

HideHunter
09-11-2014, 12:49 PM
So - I'll be the first: I don't guess I *believe* Bigfoot exists.. But I *hope* with all my heart he does. ;)

Big Muddy
09-11-2014, 02:59 PM
"""""Tent and RV camping is available on the campground for a small fee."""""

Ain't no day'um way, man!!!....Bigfoot gonna rip up my day'um tent, beat sheeit outta me, and steal my Jack Link's jerky. ;)

Thumper
09-11-2014, 04:48 PM
The excursion leader, Calvin Winsor, is familiar with the Bigfoot terrain and will talk about the type of nesting and habitat areas attractive to Bigfoot.

How does he know this? :D

Captain
09-11-2014, 04:51 PM
10 hundred million zillion trailcams and not one Bigfoot has walked by one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
09-11-2014, 04:54 PM
That's cause not everyone knows their nesting habits and habitat.

BKB

Thumper
09-11-2014, 05:00 PM
I'll bet Calvin Winsor knows where to set up a trail cam! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-11-2014, 05:14 PM
But you'll have to go to the festival to hear him tell it! I'm going down to Cedar Lake this fall and tent camp for a long weekend in October. I may just mosey on down south a few more miles and drop in on the festival.
BKB

Thumper
09-11-2014, 05:16 PM
If you don't shave and get a danged haircut ... you'll prolly scare them folks half to death. Bet they never dreamed Bigfoot might be a redhead! ;)