PDA

View Full Version : Quershun for Thump....

Big Muddy
09-12-2014, 11:30 PM
Wifey's cell phone contract is out....was it you that posted about getting a new iphone, and got some kind of a good deal???

Thumper
09-13-2014, 01:00 AM
Well, I just mentioned it again in Arty's "Buckster" post. My carrier is Verizon and they're offering a $200 gift card when you turn in your old phone ... which makes the iPhone 6 free (with 2-yr. contract). Prob. is, the phone has to be an iPhone 4 or 5 and it has to be operational. I'm sure the other carriers will be doing similar things. I think I heard Wally World was even offering a good deal on the iPhone 6 ... (can't remember persactly what the deal is).

Big Muddy
09-13-2014, 01:10 AM
Yep, that's it....wifey said thanks for the info.

Big Muddy
09-13-2014, 09:55 AM
Did you get the Verizon offer from their website.???....she can't seem to find any info. about it from their site.

LJ3
09-13-2014, 10:28 AM
Verizon's always offered a trade in depending on how current your old phone is. Currently $200 for my 5. I only have a 5 because my old one died and you guys are dufes for getting on an actual wiating list to buy a freaking phone! That's ridiculous.

Until I see the first 6s, that is. Then I'll start inventing reasons why I need it and start slipping those in to conversation.

So... basically I'll get mine about 3 weeks after Arty :)

Thumper
09-13-2014, 09:11 PM
Edward, I couldn't find it on their website either, so I went into the store today and handled everything there. I hit the website at 3:01 am this morning and I understand there was so much demand, the site crashed. We've ordered two iPhone 6 Plus phones. The 6 has a 4.7 inch screen and the Plus has a 5.5 inch screen. I get frustrated as all get-out trying to email, or post here (for example) on that little screen, so we opted for the 6 Plus. (it's $100 extra). Anyway, once they added all that usual added on bullshit, we walked out of there with two iPhone 6 Plus' for a total of $300.

Lenster, the reason for getting on "the list" is that the $200 trade-in promotion only lasts until the end of this month, which is before the phones will be shipped.

Thumper
09-13-2014, 09:29 PM
Our salesman told us to wait until the end of the month to apply for the credit so that we'd still have our phones until the new 6 Plus' ship. If we did it today, we'd have 30 days to ship our old phones in and may not have the new ones by then. So, we'll do the rebate on the 30th and have the whole month of October before we have to send them in. We're supposed to have the new phones by the end of October. Looks like it'll be close.

Order Summary:
Preorder Confirmation: 1207125609XXXXXX
Order Number: 364XXX
Order Location: 745XXXX
Order Date: 09/13/2014
Deliver By: 10/28/2014