PDA

View Full Version : Little Genius

Big Skyz
09-15-2014, 12:36 PM
Even though I am both his father and his art teacher, it doesn't mean that my youngest son doesn't still absolutely amaze me with his artistic skills. Last week he sat down and freehanded this drawing in about 2 hours. The kid is only 11 years old! He's a freak'n genius when it comes drawing. He is soooo much better than I was when I was his age. It's scary to think what he might be capable of creating by the time he is an adult.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/Huntzz/HunterAdamsAge116thGrade_zpsba0bdc44.jpg

LJ3
09-15-2014, 12:50 PM
Seriously? Holy crap. That's really something.

Bwana
09-15-2014, 01:47 PM
Hey Tree, tell the Apple he is amazing!

Thumper
09-15-2014, 01:56 PM
If I try really hard and concentrate ... I can draw a pretty decent stick-man. And that's no lie ....

That's an amazing drawing there!

Thumper
09-15-2014, 02:05 PM
This begs a question Troy. I went to school with a dude who could draw ANYTHING. I swear, in elementary school (what is it called now? Grade school?), he could draw so well you'd swear it was a photograph ... and I'm talking 5th & 6th grade here. I haven't seen him since I was about 12 years old, but I'll never forget him (his name is Peter Shultz) just because I was so amazed by his art work.

My question is, can art be TAUGHT to someone with no natural artistic talent? I'm serious about my stick-man comment above ... I even have trouble drawing a smiley face! Not that I'm even remotely interested personally ... I'm simply curious ... can a good art teacher take a totally clueless dufe like me and end up with me actually producing something with true artistic value? Or do you simply have to have that talent in your genes to begin with, then build on it?

Big Skyz
09-15-2014, 03:16 PM
Thump the answer to your question is YES, and people like you are my job security. If everyone drew like my son, my job would be in jeopardy pretty quick.

BarryBobPosthole
09-15-2014, 03:41 PM
The perspective of the whole thing is what is amazing to me. That just doesn't take drawing talent, that's a damn good eye.

BKB

Thumper
09-15-2014, 03:46 PM
I guess you have a point there! If you could teach ME to draw ... I mean, anything recognizable ... ANYBODY can learn! ;)

Personally, I just can't fathom it, but maybe it's like anything else ... walking, riding a bicycle ... if there's someone there to show you the way, anything's possible I suppose. I just feel deep down inside, there has to be some natural talent there to begin with and build on. I have zilch!

More power to you ... telling a kid what to do and TEACHING a kid what to do is two different things. It takes a special person to do what you do. Congrats!

Captain
09-15-2014, 05:19 PM
Sky that is amazing! Your whole family is some kinda talented.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
09-15-2014, 09:03 PM
Good grief.

Big Muddy
09-15-2014, 11:14 PM
I'VE SAID IT BEFORE, AND I'LL SAY IT, AGAIN.....THE TALENT IN YOUR FAMILY IS AMAZING !!!!