I'm headed to bed.

Chicken Dinner
09-17-2014, 05:00 AM
Thanks Bucky!

The night they drove old Dixie down
All the people were singing...

LJ3
09-17-2014, 09:32 AM
The office is all abuzz today. Hopefully we won't get smacked down by the birds again this time around.

BarryBobPosthole
09-17-2014, 10:05 AM
IF, and that's a big IF at this point, the Birds make it to the playoffs as a division winner, they're projecting we'll face the Dodgers in the first round of playoffs. If we make it in as a wildcard, the winner of the one game wild card playoff will likely meet the Gnats. At least that's the current projection. I'd love to see a Nats-Cards NLCS series. That'd be too cool.

BKB

Buckrub
09-17-2014, 10:10 AM
I don't know if anyone has enough pitching, but I know the Cards surely don't.

Besides, this is just another year that the NL winner is just going to be fodder for the AL winner. Still, a banner is a banner!

BarryBobPosthole
09-17-2014, 10:20 AM
Oh pbbbbbt. You buy into all that hype about Oakland and the Angels and the next thing you know you'll be thinking the all star game has relevance. And the Cards have the pen and as good a starting rotation as anybody. What the Cards can't figure out is why they go bust on offense as often as they do. Unless the sabermetricians were right and the averages finally caught up with us and Craig and all those guys really sucked and just got lucky for all those years.

I ain't buying it. Its as even as I've ever seen it (NL-AL). I picked the Royals to be the upsetters of major league baseball last year and was just a year too early. If they can figure out a way to make it into the playoffs watch the heck out. They might be as good as anybody anywhere.

BKB

Buckrub
09-17-2014, 10:24 AM
We'd be a hoot to sit together at Busch..................

Buckrub
09-17-2014, 10:25 AM
But I was thinking more about the O's, and how they manhandled us in a series, and KC/Detroit..........

BarryBobPosthole
09-17-2014, 10:26 AM
Hahahaha.....yep!

Was just up there this past Saturday night for the Rockies game. Man, have you been over to the Card Hall of Fame Museum? Some really cool stuff in there.

And for a team that's owned by a friggin brewery you'd think beers would be cheaper.

BKB

Buckrub
09-17-2014, 10:43 AM
Yes.....spent many hours there. Amazing.

"Small" market.........gotta pay old players $16M a year SOMEHOW, man!

P.S.
Did you know that the Cards have had ZERO games this year with attendance below 40,000???

BarryBobPosthole
09-17-2014, 11:02 AM
Pretty amazing isn't it. and 47 sellouts. the sports writers can bite my ass when they make fun of Cardinal fans. When those east and west coast teams draw 47000 on a Tuesday night then they can do some writin'.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
09-17-2014, 11:06 AM
While we're on the subject, I think it's time the Cards make a change in their closer role. Rosie has been flirting with disaster for several games now and even though he's the league leader in saves, you can't go into the playoffs with a closer who doesn't start closing until he's loaded the dang bases. I think Martinez is ready for the closer role. Or Maness. But something has to be done.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
09-17-2014, 12:38 PM
The O's don't scare me all that much. I just don't think they have the pitching in starters 1-3 for a long playoff run. Who knows though as they've had a helluva a run even with the injury to Muchado and suspension of Davis. I'd love to see them in the World Series if the Nats are lucky enough to get that far. I'm sure the rest of the viewing nation would be sick of the Beltway/Parkway series nonsense though...

DeputyDog
09-17-2014, 02:46 PM
The Angels are the ones to watch in my opinion. They look like all that money they've spent is finally starting to pay off. KC could be a surprise, but they are streaky. The Tigers have been a disappointment this year. They still don't have a bullpen so if you can get to their starters, which make up one of the better rotations in baseball, even with Verlander having a not so good year, you've got a real good chance of beating them.