PDA

View Full Version : "Retired Writer Champions The Outdoors"

HideHunter
09-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Guy did an article on me for one of the papers I used to work for. Basically said I wrote a lot of shit and killed a lot of stuff (or was it the other way around?). I'd give you the link but the cheap bastards make you subscribe to read anything but the obituaries.

Nice fluff piece though. ;) Always fun to be remembered.

Buckrub
09-17-2014, 08:40 PM
Did they mention your baby blues?

HideHunter
09-17-2014, 08:47 PM
I believe they referred to me as "Man Pretty". :D

Captain
09-17-2014, 08:55 PM
Man pretty.... Uggggh

Cut and past man, cut and paste.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

HideHunter
09-17-2014, 09:04 PM
lol.. Believe it or not - I don't subscribe either.. If this yahoo is all they have to write about.. not worth the money. ;) I've got it in hard copy but they don't pay me to type anymore. :D

BarryBobPosthole
09-17-2014, 09:19 PM
Purty mouth is probably what they said.

That's pretty dool! I tried to find a newspaper story on ya I saw part of the other day but that outfit wanted a subscription too. Dang Iowegians.

BKB

HideHunter
09-18-2014, 09:08 AM
Here's one written several years ago that's still floating around the net. Larry Brown is a nationally known writer (former Military Intelligence, Thump). He and I traveled the sports show circuit at the same time and made it a point to attend each other's seminars. We'd start a big "confrontation" over the pointing/flushing breeds and the crowds loved it.

http://www.gameandfishmag.com/hunting/hunting_pheasant-hunting_ia_aa012003a/

Buckrub
09-18-2014, 09:42 AM
So if you flush when you breed, do your baby blues stay blue?

Man.........I really REALLY wanted to be a writer. I'd have settled for Editor................

Buckrub
09-18-2014, 09:43 AM
And I'd pay small dollars for a pheasant hunt...........

HideHunter
09-18-2014, 09:51 AM
'Rub.. Our CRP contract is up this year and we were lucky enough to get 89 acres enrolled in a "Pheasant Recovery Program". Our numbers have been in the tank but I see a marked improvement this year. If this habitat project works out and our numbers improve - you're sure welcome here. We're looking at least a year, probably two - but I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime - you really need to think South Dakota. They got 'em.

Buckrub
09-18-2014, 09:53 AM
That's ok. I plan on living another year or two.

It's just something I've never done..............