PDA

View Full Version : Airplane Repo

Sunshine
09-20-2014, 09:03 PM
lol

Thumper
09-20-2014, 10:20 PM
Well, like all those crappy "reality shows" ... it's just that ... crap. I do watch it occasionally for entertainment, but please don't tell me you think that stuff is real. There's another show called Operation Repo where they repo cars ... what a bunch of garbage. Dumber than "Lizard Lick Towing" even where they repo cars and get into all sorts of goofy confrontations. I have three buddies (one is a father and son team and one is an independent) who are in the repo business and 99.9% of their repos would put you to sleep if they made a tv show of them doing their jobs. At least those shows are not as dumb as that silly show, South Beach Tow! GAWD! These so-called "reality" shows are getting out of hand.

I will say, the one thing I do like about the Airplane Repo show is getting to look at some cool planes ... but the show itself is just plain stupid and insults one's intelligence. The fact "most" people don't know much about planes, flight procedures and airport operations in general, make the show a little more believable to many.

Entertainment value? Ok. Reality? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! ;)

Thumper
09-20-2014, 10:36 PM
Just did a net search and came up with this site, which contains some interesting reading. Like G/H which is made up of hunters/fishermen/shooters or general outdoors types ... this forum is made up of airplane owners and/or pilots. The thread starts out a bit slow as it started last year when the show was still relatively new ... but it has 9-10 pages and the show ripping gets better as it goes along. Funny, the site is a bit like G/H ... the last few pages they start b/s'ing about general aviation stuff and forget about the show! :D

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62477

Thumper
09-20-2014, 10:47 PM
It's just a TV show and without drama, nobody would watch it. I just get irritated when the networks expect me to believe the stuff is "real". I'm sure there are probably some fine-print disclaimers in the credits somewhere that tells us they are "based on true stories" or some such b/s.

Read that pilots forum when you have nothing better to do ... it's a fun read.