PDA

View Full Version : This Dude in PA

BarryBobPosthole
09-22-2014, 01:06 PM
...is crazier than a bedbug. I'm thinking he ain't gonna make it alive through the arrest, and rightfully so.

BKB

Big Skyz
09-22-2014, 01:14 PM
Has there been any new news on this nut that I missed?

DeputyDog
09-22-2014, 01:24 PM
There is NO WAY he should make it out of the woods alive. I just hope that no other officers get hurt when they find him.

quercus alba
09-22-2014, 01:25 PM
Send General Zaroff in after him

BarryBobPosthole
09-22-2014, 01:55 PM
I was thinking just this weekend that this would be a perfect application for the use of a drone. But then it'd get all political. But still, I can't think of any reasons why we shouldn't.

I imagine the bow hunters are pissed. there's a chance they might find this dude with a crossbow shaft in him.

BKB

Thumper
09-22-2014, 03:09 PM
We've had a Sheriff down here who the general population LOVES. He catches hell from all the liberals, but screw 'em! He kinda reminds me of Joe Arpaio in Arizona (one of my heros!). Anyway, we had a cop killer (killed a deputy and his police dog) that was holed up in the woods here. The Sheriff sent the SWAT Team in after him and when they found him, he was shot and killed. When they dragged him out of the woods, they found he'd been shot 68 times! The Liberals went nuts and at a news conference they asked why they shot him so many times. He told them it would have been more, but they ran out of bullets! I live in the county and you can bet your ass he always gets my vote!

His story: (I added the bold highlights)

The many sides of Polk Sheriff Grady Judd
Posted: May 09, 2013 5:40 PM EDT
Updated: Jun 06, 2013 6:05 PM EDT
By WFLA.com web staff

POLK COUNTY, FL (WFLA) -
If you're a regular news watcher, you have doubtless seen a lot of Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd.

He is not camera shy, and is never afraid to tell you exactly the way he sees things.

He would tell you he's a little more Matt Dillon than his Wyatt Earp "Tombstone" image. And he's a little more creative than his perfectly starched uniform might suggest.

"I wanted to be the sheriff since I was an itty-bitty guy," Judd said.

His roots in Polk County are deep. He grew up on Combee Road, a place where he told the neighborhood kids about his future.

"I'm going to be the sheriff one day, they'd say, oh they're not going to let somebody from Combee Road be sheriff," he said.

It was a passion that he put into play as a teenager, riding along with paramedics as an EMT.

"I delivered my first baby, can you believe that?" said Judd.

That excitement and adrenaline rush is still what wakes him up before the alarm goes off most days. When big stories break, Sheriff Judd is right in the middle of it.

When deputies fired dozens of rounds at a man who had killed one of their own, the sheriff was asked why deputies shot the suspect sixty eight times.

Judd replied, "Because we ran out of bullets." His response got the attention of the nation.

He also claims to be cheap. Saving money is his top priority. He even decided inmates would no longer be supplied with free underwear.

"For those who want underwear, they buy underwear. For those who don't, they can let the breeze blow up one leg and down the other," Judd explained.

The move saved the jail almost $50,000. When Judd decided the days of "free" lunch were over, he ended up saving another $200,000.

"If you want to have peanut butter and jelly, and have sodas to drink and coffee with your breakfast and real eggs instead of egg patties - stay out of jail," Judd said.

He practices what he professes. In his office, simple photos adorn his walls in lieu of expensive artwork.

Outside of the office, Judd and his wife of 40 years, Marissa, spend their time on the beautiful lakes of Polk County. In many ways it is a sanctuary for them. Sheriff Judd has even developed a passion for taking pictures of the wildlife in his free time.

Grady and Marissa met when they were 17, and married a year later. They have depended on each other ever since.

"I'm in charge of the sheriff's office. She's in charge of everything else," said Judd.

Small in stature, but no shrinking violet, Marissa runs the business of their lives. She has no patience for being bossed around, even by the sheriff.

LJ3
09-23-2014, 03:58 PM
I wonder if that dude slipped past them and got southbound. Our morning rush was interrupted by all north to south, west to east highways being choked down to a few lanes so cops could scan every single person driving by.

Could either be him, or the fuckhead that is wanted for abducting a college girls from UVA late last week.

Chicken Dinner
09-23-2014, 07:08 PM
Or the ISIS terror threat...