PDA

View Full Version : Holy Frijole

BarryBobPosthole
09-23-2014, 10:08 PM
Took my oldest son and his family out to a German restaurant in Tulsa. Liter sized Warsteiner Dunkels, schnitzel, kraut, fried potatoes, pretzel bread, appetizers of various sausages and now I feel like I drank a wheelbarrow full of concrete.
German food is tasty but there ain't nothing light about it! Sure was tasty!

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
09-23-2014, 10:17 PM
And I had to get my strudel to go!

BKB

Big Muddy
09-23-2014, 10:30 PM
I understood the words "fried potatoes" , "sausages", "concrete", and "wheelbarrow"....the other stuff is, well, it's German to me. ;)

Let us know how much weight you lost, about 9 in the morning, after the logging crew and plumber has left your house....no pics, please. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-23-2014, 10:34 PM
Haha...taking the Browns to the Superbowl!

BKB

Trav
09-24-2014, 11:36 AM
Did you go to Margarets or the new place downtown Fassler Hall? I have been wanting to try that place.

BarryBobPosthole
09-24-2014, 11:45 AM
I'm not familiar with Fassler Hall. this was a place called Seigi's, 81st and sheridan. This was my first time there. I'll have to try Fassler Hall. This place had a really nice little meat market where you could buy a wide variety of sausages they make on the premises. Their braunschweiger is awesome.

BKB

Big Skyz
09-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Shouldn't you have entitled this thread: "Holy Schnitzel!" Dang Okie's can't get their dialect's figured out I guess. Sounded like a great meal though.

Trav
09-24-2014, 02:27 PM
I forgot about them but I shouldn't have, I normally get about 50# of sausage made there each year from deer. The metal building in the back is the processing plant. They make a Jalapeno and Monterey Jack Venison brat that will make you slap yo momma. They also make killer venison Italian sausage I use in spaghetti.

BarryBobPosthole
09-24-2014, 02:33 PM
Yep, there's a sign on the front door that says to bring your venison to the back door. Guess they don't want folks dragging in deer through the restaurant!

BKB