PDA

View Full Version : Rain

Buckrub
10-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Finally got some rain last night. Storms too, and that's not good, but that's what accompanies rain around here.

All that work for those food plots.........18 days of hard work........and all those seeds just poked their little heads out of the ground this morning, looked up at a bright blue bird sky and said "WOW. LOOK AT ME. I'M LITTLE BUT I'M GROWING"............

Yee Haa.

BarryBobPosthole
10-03-2014, 09:52 AM
I drove through that front coming home from Poteau yesterday afternoon. Down by the Arkansas River on I-40 in fact. The wind was blowing those big irrigation sprinklers around and blew one over the fence and right up by the highway. I had slowed down because it was so windy I could barely stay in my lane. the big rigs were still hauling ass and I still don't know how they kept from blowing over. had to be 60-70 mph straight winds, heavy rain, and hail. and I had to cross the damn river on that huge bridge over by Webers Falls.

I know truckers are our lifeblood and we'd all starve if it wasn't for them, but in a situation like that I was cussing them like nobody's business.

another thing, on the way down there early yesterday morning the stateys had EVERY RV on I 40 for about 20 miles pulled over and they were searching them. There must have been a dozen I counted. and the state trooper vehicles weren't the usual prowlers but were the big SUV ones that are virtually unmarked. Wonder who the heck they were looking for? I never saw anything on the news about it.

BKB

HideHunter
10-03-2014, 09:57 AM
I've been spending 11 hrs a day ion the combine for the past week and a half. We've been dry. 2 1/2" of rain last night. Looks like I get a weekend off. ;)

Buckrub
10-03-2014, 10:10 AM
I drove through that front coming home from Poteau yesterday afternoon. Down by the Arkansas River on I-40 in fact. The wind was blowing those big irrigation sprinklers around and blew one over the fence and right up by the highway. I had slowed down because it was so windy I could barely stay in my lane. the big rigs were still hauling ass and I still don't know how they kept from blowing over. had to be 60-70 mph straight winds, heavy rain, and hail. and I had to cross the damn river on that huge bridge over by Webers Falls.

I know truckers are our lifeblood and we'd all starve if it wasn't for them, but in a situation like that I was cussing them like nobody's business.

another thing, on the way down there early yesterday morning the stateys had EVERY RV on I 40 for about 20 miles pulled over and they were searching them. There must have been a dozen I counted. and the state trooper vehicles weren't the usual prowlers but were the big SUV ones that are virtually unmarked. Wonder who the heck they were looking for? I never saw anything on the news about it.

BKB

It'd take a week to search my travel trailer. My wife has stuck more stuff in more nooks and crannies than you can imagine.

As for truckers, 50% are fine. The other 50% like to laugh at us 4 wheelers and stay in the passing lane barely passing, for as long as they can. Lifeblood?? Geez, 95% of 'em are delivering Chinese made junk to a Walmart in Dubuque. Not needed whatsoever, except helping to take away American jobs. Go to my son's house, and watch all the Chinese stuff being delivered at Savannah. Mind boggling.

BarryBobPosthole
10-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Those truckers aren't Chinese, silly. They're just squinting from trying to see down the road going 80 in a downpour.

BKB